Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curling very straight hair ?

Options
  • 20-07-2015 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm as straight as the proverbial poker. A few people though have suggested I try curling the ends and I like the idea. I'm just wondering though how effective this is likely to be ? is it worth trying any home curling products? had anyone else here tried?. Hair is fairly long.

Thoughts appreciated
    thanks

S :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I have very long very straight hair and over the years I've perfected curling it and can get it to keep the curl for 14-15+ hours if needed. I use a curling mousse first to help set the shape, then I use either heated rollers or my curling wand depending on what kind of look I'm going for and if I want just the ends curled or more of it. I spray it with maximum hold hairspray once rollers are in, just lightly, or I spray all over when finished with wand. I spray it again before I leave, I often say I need to be flammable before I leave :P And don't touch it too much or pull the curls out too much, it will fall and settle a bit after a while so do it slightly too tightly curled to start with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

I have very long very straight hair and over the years I've perfected curling it and can get it to keep the curl for 14-15+ hours if needed. I use a curling mousse first to help set the shape, then I use either heated rollers or my curling wand depending on what kind of look I'm going for and if I want just the ends curled or more of it. I spray it with maximum hold hairspray once rollers are in, just lightly, or I spray all over when finished with wand. I spray it again before I leave, I often say I need to be flammable before I leave :P And don't touch it too much or pull the curls out too much, it will fall and settle a bit after a while so do it slightly too tightly curled to start with.
    Thanks Spottybananas :) can you recommend any products ? :)
    S x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I have long very straight hair and the odd time I curl it, and need it to last for the day, I use mousse and heated rollers. Add your mousse, dry your hair to about 85% and put in your rollers. Leave as long as you need for your hair to be curly (I leave my set until they're fairly cold on my head) and don't comb your hair out.

Just use your fingers to loosen the curls after your hair is cool. Fix with plenty hairspray. (I am very familiar with the idea of flammability Lol!!!)

I had to do it a fortnight ago and it lasted until the following day.

ETA maybe have a few test runs once you invest and see how you get on.

Silvikrin secure to max hold sprays, depending on how long you need it to hold. The max hold one can make it look crispy if you use too much. Elnette spray smells like old ladies so don't use a ton of that. I have Babyliss heated rollers and a Babyliss wand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Silvikrin secure to max hold sprays, depending on how long you need it to hold. The max hold one can make it look crispy if you use too much. Elnette spray smells like old ladies so don't use a ton of that. I have Babyliss heated rollers and a Babyliss wand.

I love Elnette :O

I hope people dont think I smell like an old lady

• Advertisement

I worked in a hair care place, overdosed on the smell of the stuff.

Advertisement