Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lo priority but BOI ATM in Greystones

Options
  • 20-07-2015 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

The machine offered me the option for me yo withdraw as little as 10 euro in Cash. Yet when I specified 20, I got a message that I would have to take out 50.
    I took out 50.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    The machine offered me the option for me yo withdraw as little as 10 euro in Cash. Yet when I specified 20, I got a message that I would have to take out 50.
    I took out 50.
    Hi 5rtytry56,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.ie

The majority of our ATM devices dispense €20 and €50 notes only. The combination of notes stocked is based on established usage trends. 

In a small number of selected locations, €10 notes are also available. Depending on stock levels within the device, our ATM's are programmed to dispense notes in the most appropriate combination to suit the individual transaction. 

Where there is a higher demand for smaller cash withdrawal amounts then the ATM may dispense its stock of €10 or €20 notes much more quickly. Reduced or depleted note stocks are “topped up” on the next service call to the device.

I will certainly pass your feedback on to our ATM team and please get in touch if you need anything else.

Thanks 
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭The Voice of reason

Why is €10 only available in selected locations? What criteria must it meet?
    5rtytry56 wrote: »
    I took out 50.
    Hi 5rtytry56,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.ie

The majority of our ATM devices dispense €20 and €50 notes only. The combination of notes stocked is based on established usage trends. 

In a small number of selected locations, €10 notes are also available. Depending on stock levels within the device, our ATM's are programmed to dispense notes in the most appropriate combination to suit the individual transaction. 

Where there is a higher demand for smaller cash withdrawal amounts then the ATM may dispense its stock of €10 or €20 notes much more quickly. Reduced or depleted note stocks are “topped up” on the next service call to the device.

I will certainly pass your feedback on to our ATM team and please get in touch if you need anything else.

Thanks 
    Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi The Voice of Reason, 

The denomination of notes dispensed from an ATM is based on previously established usage trends. Just to mention, when using a Visa Debit card in store for purchases you will also have the option of cash back with participating retailers.

This is a cheaper way to attain cash and also gives the option for smaller denominations. You can view the difference in fees here our website. 

We hope this helps and perhaps offers a cheaper solution for 5rtytry56.

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement