Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand help

Options
  • 20-07-2015 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭

So after saying to myself I'd never use them in case of some issue where i have to contact them i caved and ordered a cpu and ram.

I ordered on the 4th and received a box with only the cpu in it last Friday :(

The invoice that came in the box says,
    "Partial delivery,The remaining article will be delivered in addition after the arrival"
    When i look at the order status online it says "The goods were delivered to you."

Looking at their site they have a few email addresses for various things so which one should i use?
    And has anyone actually got a reply from a mail they sent to them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Most people on here say ring them but i couldn't so had to email them most say that there email customer service is very slow but i emailed them 3 times within 2 hours and was sorted got a refund for 3 items RAM/CPU/MB which i am yet to receive.

EDIT,I mean i got reply to 3 times within those 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Batzoo

Short answer... Information@ got a response for me. Long answer/story...

I ordered from them last month. I was slightly confused by their order system and ended up having to do a bank transfer. I thought I could pay by paypal or credit card, but the checkout said nope! Anyway this order was placed at 4am Friday night/Saturday morning. I set up the IBAN using BOI365 and transferred the money straight away. It was the following Wednesday before they confirmed receipt of money. That is where the fun started...

Online status said order was cleared for delivery on the Wednesday. It said this for two weeks before I lost patience and contacted them through the information@ address (Quoting the order no: ) regarding why it was not posted yet. I got a support ticket, automated response in German next day and an English human response the following day to say the order was shipped.

A check of the status online said a shipment docket was printed, following day, UPS collected it from them. UPS held on to it for eight days in Germany due to severe weather/ Non ups industrial dispute. I checked the weather for Germany online and it was glorious, I also could not find any news articles relating to industrial disputes???

I then sent another email complaining about their use of UPS, I got no response to this other than the automated support ticket. Low and behold this seemed to sort out the weather and the dispute as the following day the shipment started to move through the UPS tracking channels. Three days later, all arrived almost as ordered.

All in, took about a month for my order to arrive from time it was placed. So not great, but everything arrived almost as ordered. I ordered an eight port POE switch, a standard 8 port switch and a couple of hard drives. One of the drives I ordered was marked a Seagate 3TB in retail packaging, about €15 more expensive then the non retail one (which was out of stock). Both drives that arrived were only in anti static bags and neither were retail packaged. Also the packaging on the drives was less then impressive. No bubble wrap, just what looked like the cardboard/paper mache stuff eggs come in free floating in a larger box with the other stuff.

So unless they were ridiculously cheaper then more local equivalents, I don't think I would use them again, and definitely not if I needed something in a hurry.

EDIT***
    Also I forgot to mention, all my emails to them would have been outside of normal business hours so would account for the next day responses!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Ant695

I ordered from them at the weekend got dispatch notice on monday. Scheduled for delivery with ups for thursday making progress along the way with departure scans etc... and have had no problems previously.

However I was under the impression that they would only ever dispatch an entire order at once which is why some people have theirs delayed by one part out of stock.

Also I recall seeing a thread on here a few days ago about some types of ram being discontinued on there so it could be one of those.

Best bet would be try email if no response in a couple of days ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Update.

Good news.Just met the UPS guy as i got home.

I'm glad so no hassle of having to mail them.Would have helped though if there was some sort of indication that it was on its way,either on order status or via email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I've used them a few times. They're fine unless you're in a hurry but I never was when ordering from them. They do part shipments all the time - once the items are there they ship them - if that means multiple deliveries that's fine with them and there's no extra charge for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Batzoo

Ant695 wrote: »

However I was under the impression that they would only ever dispatch an entire order at once which is why some people have theirs delayed by one part out of stock.

Not so in my case. Every part was in stock. I specifically clicked the only show in stock products option. That's the only reason I paid extra for the retail pack hard drive, it was in stock, although it was not sent. I would complain but believe it would cause me more stress and hassle then its worth. Two week delay with them and over a week with UPS for items that were in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Yeah everything was in stock in my order when i did order but by the time they received the money which was the next day RAM/MB/CPU was out of stock asked to change ram and mb and for a refund for the cpu then got an email saying "3 articles have been canceled today. Reimbursement will be made to the original account".

Advertisement