Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"How am I suppose to win trophies with this lot?!" - League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Rapheal Marquez with a goal tonight for Exeter City. The golden oldies beat Cork City 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Cup final tonight for the mighty cobblers. Have the match day suit on already

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Cup final tonight for the mighty cobblers. Have the match day suit on already

Yes yes yes the mighty cobblers have won the cup. Nice prize money too :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Well done!

How much you get?

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Well done!

How much you get?

About 6m between gate and prize money

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Bah, congrats :(

Got about 5 million out of it myself which is pretty decent!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

thats fecking crazy I got feck all for winning the bloody league :mad:

Most of it was gate receipts, similarly it works out better to get promoted via playoffs because you get a big payday from the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Can anyone tell me how my club Alemannia Aachen got on.. Spilt coffee on my laptop so can't use it and can't access Soccer Manager through work :(

Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Can anyone tell me how my club Alemannia Aachen got on.. Spilt coffee on my laptop so can't use it and can't access Soccer Manager through work :(

Thanks

Your lot lost 4-2 at home to America De Natal who remain unbeaten this season. You're still in third though, just a point ahead of Crewe in fourth, but eight points behind St Pat's in second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Wilberto wrote: »
    Your lot lost 4-2 at home to America De Natal who remain unbeaten this season. You're still in third though, just a point ahead of Crewe in fourth, but eight points behind St Pat's in second.

Responsible for 2 of the 3 goals I've conceded this season

Thanks Wilberto

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

AC Lumezzane beat Exeter City 2 - 1 in their Division 1 fixture.

Donnarumma had an impressive game and was voted Man of the Match.

Tielemans and Fofana were amongst the goalscorers.

It turned out to be a case of men against boys. Except this time, the boys won! :pac:

I've actually thought about the league rule of no buying players rated over 89, and I reckon it should be kept for as long as possible really. It's actually refreshing to play in a league where there is no Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Pogba etc. It's what will make this league stand out in my opinion.

It would be brilliant if SM made another option that restricted the age of players you could buy. That would be epic. Then we could really have a youth team league.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Wilberto wrote: »
    I've actually thought about the league rule of no buying players rated over 89, and I reckon it should be kept for as long as possible really. It's actually refreshing to play in a league where there is no Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Pogba etc. It's what will make this league stand out in my opinion.

It would be brilliant if SM made another option that restricted the age of players you could buy. That would be epic. Then we could really have a youth team league.
    First half of your point is spot on. Anyone could buy the team they have in any league that they are in and it wouldn't have the same affect as it does in this world.

Your second point is rubbing tho. Just because you want a 'youth team' game would, doesn't mean everyone does.
    My team for example has an average age of around 47 and that's the way I want to play this GW.

But yes, I agree with your first point. No messi etc makes it a lot better!

Conceded another goal taking me to 4 for the season, defence needs some work.

On a side note, 23 unbeaten now

mackeire wrote: »
    First half of your point is spot on. Anyone could buy the team they have in any league that they are in and it wouldn't have the same affect as it does in this world.

Your second point is rubbing tho. Just because you want a 'youth team' game would, doesn't mean everyone does.
    My team for example has an average age of around 47 and that's the way I want to play this GW.

But yes, I agree with your first point. No messi etc makes it a lot better!

Ah well, on the age restriction, I wasn't referring to this gameworld as it would be ridiculous to bring it in after the world has started. I'm only saying that it would be cool to set a new one up with that restriction in place from the outset. That way, anyone who has an interest in building a youth team can join from the start.

richieffff wrote: »
    Conceded another goal taking me to 4 for the season, defence needs some work.

On a side note, 23 unbeaten now

I'm still your toughest opponent, with 2 goals scored

I'm still your toughest opponent, with 2 goals scored

You'd better get promoted so we can have a replay

4 games to go and 4 teams in with a shout for the title

• Advertisement

Just substitute the word "two" with "three" in the following video :

Played 19 won 17 drew 1 lost 1. Only good enough for second place in division 3

Just realised my final 3 fixtures are against the 3 other title challengers :pac:

26 games unbeaten in division two now, martial going to town

The big showdown in division 3 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

eh i dunno wrote: »
    The big showdown in division 3 tonight

So close to finishing with a 100% record, would be typical to blow it with 2 games to go

1st v 2nd on the final day of the season to decide the title, what drama!

The match ended 2 - 2 between Falkirk and Fleetwood Town in their Division 1 fixture.

Mário scored a goal and was later voted Man of the Match for his performance.

Jedvaj was also on the scoresheet for his side.

A draw not enough to take the title :( Congratulations Fleetwood!

Cheers it was hard fought and had to come from behind twice!

Only lost one game all season yet still needed a result in the last game!

Two league titles in a row is always nice

• Advertisement

After 22 games America De Natal have made up for their disappointing second place finish in division 3.

America went 22 games unbeaten dropping points only twice, and conceding only 4 goals all season.

Anthony Martial lead the line all season notching up 19 goals and 12 assists.

KHk2moD.png

With division 1 looming and the weakest part of the squad being the defence, theres some sure transfer market activity as some new faces look set to join, and some old ones set to leave.

Advertisement