Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"How am I suppose to win trophies with this lot?!" - League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

Id be interested for the crack alright but would only want small teams and small divisions and defo a cap of no buying players over a certain level maybe 88. Money can be amassed quickly in certain teams cases. I'd also want small teams with avg rating under 85 too begin with a poor Economy
    I'll get in if it's something like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Manager: | team type: | Divisions: | Allocate teams:
    1. GT_TDI_150 | all players rated < 82| 2 or 3 divisions, 14-16 teams per div| via random selector
    2. Maldjd23>|no preference| no preference| no preference
    3. KERSPLAT!|rated < 80, budget max 1m| 2-3 divisions, 12-15 teams per division| no preference
    4. Colemania|rated < 82, budget max 5m| 3 Divisions, 15 per division| no preference
    5. The Gunns | no preference| 2 or 3 divisions, 14-16 teams per div| via random selector
    6. Irish Goldberg|Small / Medium Teams, max 5m| small divisions. ie 3x10's| via random selector
    7. Tupac_healy|no preference| 2-3 Divisions| via random selector
    8. redzerdrog|big teams| 3 x 12| via random selector
    9. Al Capwned|no preference| small divisions. ie 3x10's| via random selector
    10. SienceNerd|no preference| small divisions. ie 3x10's| via random selector
    11. gerp99|no preference| no preference| no preference
    12. Midlife Crashes|no preference| small divisions. ie 3x10's| via random selector
    13. Swoody|no preference| no preference| no preference
    14. Mourihno|no preference| small divisions. ie 3x10's| no preference
    15. ctrl-alt-delete|no preference| no preference| no preference
    16. Wilberto | rated < 82, budget max 5m | small divisions. ie 3x10's | Manager's own choice (using this list as sequence)
    17. eh i dunno | Bottom 40 English teams|2x20teams| no preference
    18. mrmac84|small teams| small divs| no preference
    19. Ordinary man|low ratings| small divs| no preference
    20. maceire|small teams| small divs| no preference
    21. <insert manager name>|<insert team type preference>| <insert division structure>| <insert ho teams should be assigned>
    22. <insert manager name>|<insert team type preference>| <insert division structure>| <insert ho teams should be assigned>
    23. <insert manager name>|<insert team type preference>| <insert division structure>| <insert ho teams should be assigned>
    24. <insert manager name>|<insert team type preference>| <insert division structure>| <insert ho teams should be assigned>
    25. <insert manager name>|<insert team type preference>| <insert division structure>| <insert ho teams should be assigned>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

is it looking like this gameworld is going to go ahead?

will be going ahead ... just need to get credit sorted ... will prob be 10 days or so

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    will be going ahead ... just need to get credit sorted ... will prob be 10 days or so

u paying with sm credits? I can send some over if it helps??

• Advertisement

u paying with sm credits? I can send some over if it helps??

will be, but no need mate will get it sorted alright

Gonna start looking at setting this up later on...

Any final entrants,withdrawls, suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I don't know if it's too late to say this, but if I were you GT, I'd be very careful of not setting up a "But can he do this on a wet and windy night in.... league, The Sequel".

Just a point I thought I'd add.

Wilberto wrote: »
    I don't know if it's too late to say this, but if I were you GT, I'd be very careful of not setting up a "But can he do this on a wet and windy night in.... league, The Sequel".

Just a point I thought I'd add.

I'm going to analyse the results here and decide where to go ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Small teams small budgets (€1m) would be good to have to work to get Messi etc rather than sell whole team and replace with a team of 90s

• Advertisement

So here is what I'm looking at:

Economy Level - Normal
    Player Concerns - On
    SMFA monitoring transfers - On
    Can only offer cash to clubs in deals - OFF
    No buying players from Unmanaged - ON
    No buying players rated over 90 --TOYING WITH ADDING THIS BUT NOT SURE YET
    Transfer window - NO
    Can only buy players with the same nationality as your club - OFF
    Manager sacked if they finish in bottom - OFF

Small teams - possibly rated in the 70's
    low budget
    3 divs of 12 teams

I'm just trying to establish a way of getting team ratings and player numbers so I can ensure the starting teams are within the same avg rating ie 72-73 or 78-79, and no one has an major advantage of having 5-10 extra players compared to all the rest of us.

Sounds great to me, I'd let people buy who they want though. If you work your way up to a team of Messi, Hazard, etc. from a team with a squad rating of 75 or whatever, you deserve them

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Yeah Teams in the low 70's would be good I'd say. That way there'll still quite a difference between this league and your other one. I mean, Tupac was still able to buy Neymar straight away in your other one!! :D

I'd say you should disallow buying players over 90. I mean, if it becomes a difficulty later on then you can change it in the close season after whichever season it became a difficulty in. Either way, I can't see it affecting the league in the first two seasons anyway as one of two things will naturally prevent players from buying them:
    1. Teams wan't have the money.
    2. If teams do save up the money, it means they're not improving their squad and consequently their average rating will still be so low that the players will just reject to sign for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

I'd turn on the buying over 90 thing.

Can I have Adelaide United if they're in the game? They should be ****e enough for this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ya no buying over 90s initially and as the lads said if you want too change that down the road you can

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya no buying over 90s initially and as the lads said if you want too change that down the road you can

I agree. Maybe in the 3rd season activate it.

just gathering teams now from any soon to open GW's on SM.

Its going to be tough to balance the starting teams ...

from the list I have Dutch, English, Italian, Spanish and German...

If I say give ma all the teams with 22-24 players and squad rating of 74-77 ... I get 29 teams ...

But the squad value ranges from 8.1M to 28M ...

What do people reckon pick teams of simular squad values or simular squad rating?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

If it's not too late I'd join. :)

Manager:
    1. GT_TDI_150
    2. Maldjd23
    3. KERSPLAT!
    4. Colemania
    5. The Gunns
    6. Irish Goldberg
    7. Tupac_healy
    8. redzerdrog
    9. Al Capwned
    10. SienceNerd
    11. gerp99
    12. Midlife Crashes
    13. Swoody
    14. Mourihno
    15. ctrl-alt-delete
    16. Wilberto
    17. eh i dunno
    18. mrmac84
    19. Ordinary man
    20. maceire
    21. Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo
    22. <insert manager name>
    23. <insert manager name>
    24. <insert manager name>
    25. <insert manager name>

Lads

If anyone wants a particular team ...

Shout... if they match the competitors I'll add requested teams otherwise it will be random ...

No point asking for big teams as this is more than likely going to be a set up teams with avg squad ratings below 80, possibly around the 75 mark. So even if you think the team you picked is rubbish enough ... it might not be ;)

Wonder how many of the Irish teams would match be rating around the 75?

swoody - has asked for Kaizer Chiefs
    maceire - has requested Adelaide United

• Advertisement

Lads

If anyone wants a particular team ...

Shout... if they match the competitors I'll add requested teams otherwise it will be random ...

No point asking for big teams as this is more than likely going to be a set up teams with avg squad ratings below 80, possibly around the 75 mark. So even if you think the team you picked is rubbish enough ... it might not be ;)

Wonder how many of the Irish teams would match be rating around the 75?

Those 2 teams are rated 80 and above though no? If we're definitely going with clubs rated 74-77, it wouldn't be fair allowing people have 80+ rated clubs so i think it should be set in stone what ratings clubs should be so people can start looking. Half of league 1 is 77 and under anyway so that should give people an idea of the standard of teams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ofi crete please my local team

Atlético Paranaense for me if possible

Colemania wrote: »
    Those 2 teams are rated 80 and above though no? If we're definitely going with clubs rated 74-77, it wouldn't be fair allowing people have 80+ rated clubs so i think it should be set in stone what ratings clubs should be so people can start looking. Half of league 1 is 77 and under anyway so that should give people an idea of the standard of teams

that what I said, lads can request but if the teams are too high in rating ... no can do

Lads, just quote this post and add your choice ...easier to track ...

BTW, NOT GUARANTEED YOU WILL GET SAID TEAM IF THE RATINGS DONT STACK UP ... OR if I cant get a rating on the team prior to setting up the league ... not risking putting an 83 team into a 75rated teams league

mrmac84 - ofi crete
    KERSPLAT! - Atlético Paranaense

BTW, NOT GUARANTEED YOU WILL GET SAID TEAM IF THE RATINGS DONT STACK UP ... OR if I cant get a rating on the team prior to setting up the league ... not risking putting an 83 team into a 75rated teams league

mrmac84 - ofi crete
    Colemania - Brisbane Roar (80 rated)/Mogi Mirim (75 rated)

Rivaldo and son to tear up the league :D

Colemania wrote: »

mrmac84 - ofi crete
    Colemania - Brisbane Roar (80 rated)/Mogi Mirim (75 rated)

Rivaldo and son to tear up the league :D

where are you getting the ratings? I'm waiting for them to add new GWs and check teams in those at the moment

where are you getting the ratings? I'm waiting for them to add new GWs and check teams in those at the moment

Checking teams in very new gameworlds where no transfers have been made from those clubs. I just type in the club name and find the newest gameworlds with those teams. Then compare players and that's enough really to be sure the rating is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I'm on the mobile so don't think I can check but are wexford youths too ****e to pick????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I wouldn't mind an irish, english or scottish team if possible...... Preferences in that order.
    How do i check a teams rating?

Advertisement