Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P45

Options
  • 20-07-2015 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Okay so I got a P45 off my last employer the other day, they're my first employer so I'm not entirely sure what a P45 is supposed to look like.
    Anyway, all parts of it is on one white sheet of paper and I'm kind of confused if it's supposed to be like that because it says you should keep part 4 for yourself but the only way i could do that would be cutting it off which doesn't seem right to me at all.
    So did I get the wrong copy of it or something or is it supposed to be like that?

Thanks in advnce

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Just make a photocopy of it, keep one copy yourself and give the other to your next employer, all the info they need to submit to Revenue is on it.

Sounds like they were out of the perforated paper it's meant to be printed on, but it's still perfectly valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The old-style P45s with 4 different pages are nearly obsolete at this stage as most employers do everything electronically.

Your next employer just needs the information off the P45, they do not need to send in a physical copy to Revenue. They will take the numbers from the form and create an electronic file through their payroll software which will be uploaded to Revenue's online system.

If you only have a hard copy of your P45 then, as the above poster said, make some copies. If you have it in soft copy then you just need to print it out/email it to your new employer.

Advertisement