Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screen problem on Xbox One - Green/purple lines

• 20-07-2015 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Evening all,

Could really do with some help figuring out this issue with my Xbox One. Turned it on this evening to be greeted by this nasty looking screen.. Any ideas what is causing it?

The Xbox is loading fine apart from the screen and I checked the tv and its working fine otherwise.

Praying this isnt the screen of death. Its only 18 months old.

2laq1ic.jpg

Comments

Checked with another cable/port/tv to rule those out or are you using a hdmi splitter?

I got that using a cheapo splitter on my pc monitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 abington

Thanks for replying. Yeah I have tried it with another HDMI cable and same issue! Just checked there and its also out of warranty! Damn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

abington wrote: »
    Thanks for replying. Yeah I have tried it with another HDMI cable and same issue! Just checked there and its also out of warranty! Damn.

If you bought it in a store in Ireland, then the warranty is five years. There's a few post on this forum about it, try running a search.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 abington

Thanks very much Catinabox. Could be an absolute life saver! Bought in Gamestop in Cork. Will check that out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tev2k3

Hey, I'm having the same issue with my new Xbox One. Did you find a solution?

Thanks

Tev

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 tev2k3

Just to let anyone know, I was seeing similar patterns with my 4K tv, but I changed the resolution on the Xbox One S to 1080 and then back to 4K and things cleared up. I also secured the HDMI cable as it was a bit loose.

Advertisement