Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boundary line

Options
  • 20-07-2015 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi everyone

We bought a house few months ago its a end of terrace house. My question is our boundary line don't match with the osi maps as there are trees on the boundary line but there are old rotten fencing between the trees and were it ends it had a big tree on that . Our surveyor said oci maps some time are not accurate. and our neighbour has no objection as he has put chicken wire on his side with trees.
    I got planning permission to build extension , so i don't know if i build and some day the next house is sold and they bring me to court for boundary issue and i have to break the construction.

The margin could be 1/2 metre or less wrong .

So what is the best course of action.

Comments

Do you mean the ordinance survey maps or the land registry maps? Your real boundaries are set out in your title documents and the accompanying maps and these are what you should check. These should match the land registry maps but sometimes there are discrepancies. Ordinance surveys have nothing to do with ownership but the land registry have taken data from them. Usually solicitors advise that your surveyor compares the property description and map with the situation on the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lovehathi

hi
    Sorry i meant osi maps. The same we have in the main documents given by our solicitors. but on the ground the boundary made with old fencing are bit different.

Advertisement