Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Parking

Options
  • 20-07-2015 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

Herro!

Anyone know what the street parking situation is on Pope's Quay at the moment? It used to be Discs the last time I took notice. Just got a car as family is expanding any day soon. :)

Emailed parkingpermits@corkcity.ie asking about a permit before I started doing all the paper work and just got "X is not eligible". Trying to find out on what grounds at the moment. Landlord specifically had said when I got the place it was possible. >.>

Need to keep the car somewhere so if you know of anywhere handy to the latter half of pope's quay, a heads up would be appreciated.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

This apparently. :(
    • Any resident in a purpose built apartment block where off street parking has been constructed as part of the development will not be eligible for a resident permit.
    • Any resident in a purpose built apartment block where there was no off street parking provided as part of the development and where the development of the complex was completed after March 2004 will not be eligible for a residents parking permit.
    • Any resident in a purpose built apartment block where there was no off street parking provided as part of the development and where the development of the complex was completed before March 2004 will continue to be eligible for a residents parking permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

You could rent a parking place, I know both Popes Quay Court, on Shandon Street and at the other end, the parking lot at Camden Wharf both rent out places. I believe North Quay Place do too. I've no idea how much these cost though, but just ring up whichever management company, and they will let you know.

If you can't get a parking permit, then unfortunately you don't have a lot of other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh that sucks!

If you already have the car you can either move, or look for paid parking that suits you. Let Mr Landlord know his big pack of lies was the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

I remember the gated car park that exits onto Popes Quay quoting €100/m a few years back.

It was a similar price for unused places in the apartment block which enters on Shandon Street which was through one of the letting agencies.

General rule though, the closer you get to the hospitals and college, the crazier the quotes get for private parking spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

I remember the gated car park that exits onto Popes Quay quoting €100/m a few years back.

It was a similar price for unused places in the apartment block which enters on Shandon Street which was through one of the letting agencies.

General rule though, the closer you get to the hospitals and college, the crazier the quotes get for private parking spaces.

Aye, Pope's Quay Court is the place that exits out the shandon side. 90 a month, trying to get a spot in there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement