Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best places to buy in Dungarvan co.waterford

Options
  • 20-07-2015 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I'm looking for advice on what areas are best to buy a house Dungarvan/abbeyside. Looking for places that have garden space so most new estates are out. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P, you'll get better responses here

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

As you probably know, Dungarvan is made up of two adjacent parishes, Dungarvan and Abbeyside, and split by the river. Abbeyside would be considered more residential and house prices reflect this.
    More mature estates in Abbeyside with bigger gardens - Parklane, Seapark, Pinewood, Southways. If you're looking for more specifics PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the Springmeadows estate in Dungarvan?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭mallowgarry

Spring Meadows - Young estate, lots of families with young kids. It is a good walk into town centre from there (20 minutes) and kids would have to cross the bypass if heading into town, but there is a decent pedestrian crossing. It's beside the main bus stop (bus to Cork / Waterford). It is quite a distance from there to shops in town etc. (bar Topaz garage). Beside GSK and Dungarvan GAA pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭sleepyholland

Fantastic local knowledge, thank you. No substitute for somebody spelling out those kind of practicalities.
    We drove around Abbeyside and Ballinroad a while ago. Whilst the new Monksfield houses look lovely inside and seem to be well located, the estate itself seemed a bit cramped. I preferred the look of Tournore and it's extra green space. We'll probably take a look at houses in both estates as they are available, affordable and seem a safe bet for someone new to the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Hi Sleepyholland. Good idea to drive around these estates for a while and have a look, especially if you have a family. If I was in the market and was choosing between Tournore and Spring Meadows, I would be personally leaning towards Tournore. It just has a more 'open' feel about it with the big 'usable' green areas. After a quick look a Daft.ie to see what's available, best bet is to drive around them at a few different times during the day. Some of the estates would not interest me at all and can at times feel very cramped (ie like car parks), places like Town Court, Doire Beg, Lackenfune look very different when all the occupants are at work or at home! The Hermitage is very nice and the price tags will reflect this. A few houses in Murphy Place available. This is one of the older areas, nice enough houses, would need a bit of work/modernising (price reflects this too!), but is a very, very good location and are often snapped up quickly by locals. The New Line is similar to Murphy Place (require modernising) but again are good locations. Ballinroad has some nice options but you will need the car/bicycle. There are some smaller houses (Thomas Tce, Fitzgeralds Tce, Sarsfield St etc) and you will need to look into each of these. You could find a little gem in these but if you are looking for garden space/parking you could be out of luck with these smaller ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Have a look at Springfield and Silversprings. they are closer to town than Springmeadows (which as pointed out is young and the build on some of the houses is questionable.)
    Both of the above are the right side of the main N25 and you can walk into town in 10 -15 mins - depending on how long your legs are :)
    Both are also near the new cycle paths.
    Nice settled estates and build generally good.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

some great value in silversprings. well-established and nice and quite

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Fantastic local knowledge, thank you. No substitute for somebody spelling out those kind of practicalities.
    We drove around Abbeyside and Ballinroad a while ago. Whilst the new Monksfield houses look lovely inside and seem to be well located, the estate itself seemed a bit cramped. I preferred the look of Tournore and it's extra green space. We'll probably take a look at houses in both estates as they are available, affordable and seem a safe bet for someone new to the area.

I live in Tournore Park with a few years. One of the nicest estates in Dungarvan/Abbeyside. Nearly every house has families with kids and the green is always buzzing with kids playing and sport events for kids. 24 hour petrol station across the road is handy. Primary school and secondary school only 2 minute cycle down the road on the cycle track. Cycle track all the way from here to Clonea and in to town. There are a few large green areas between Tournore Park and Close. I have no kids old enough to play out on the green yet but I see that parents seem to take it in turns to keep an eye out for the kids while they are playing out there. Good community spirit around here and residents meet up to clean up the estate and maintain it.

The houses themselves are of a great quality and very well built. I couldn't fault them and am delighted I bought here. You couldn't go far wrong in fairness.

Advertisement