Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

access to arts and human sciences 2015

Options
  • 20-07-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi , is anyone doing the arts and human sciences access course this sept?☺
    anyone who has done it in previous years do i need a laptop etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭elleelle19

I did access last year. You won't need a laptop for class, but you will probably need one to do your essays and study on. Although you can borrow them in the library if you don't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I was in the class last year (did one semester of it and had to leave for various reasons). I am coming back to do the final semester this year. You will certainly need a computer of some sort to type up your essays, but it is not necessary to have a laptop in blass. Pen and paper is fine.

Can I ask which subjects you chose?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Cocopops2015

I have chose history for semester 1 and english for semester 2 , what ones are you doing?

I did the history semester one last year. I was doing politics semester two last year when I dropped out. I'm going to be doing archaeology semester one this year and be in Nicky's class for Study Skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Cocopops2015

I done my interview got accepted and havent heard anything since? How do they contact you to register or when you start or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Juxtapose

I wouldn't worry too much about time yet, sure i only had my interview today!

Thomond mentioned the 10th of September for information day about student cards etc. I presume the email you gave with your application will be the way they contact you.

Yep they email you everything. Yea 10th for the information evening. It's a nice simple informal evening where you meet some staff and things.

Advertisement