Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hypothetical question

• 20-07-2015 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Myself and a few friends throw money into a pool each week. We pick one match and guess the score and whoever guesses the correct score wins the money.

Is this considered to be gambling? Theoretically, should we need a license for this? I know this is small scale, but in theory is this subject to gaming laws etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,396 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Not sure of the legalities but unless you're doing it in North Korea you'd be hard pressed to find a cop willing to bang your door down for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Danger Fourpence

Collie D wrote: »
    Not sure of the legalities but unless you're doing it in North Korea you'd be hard pressed to find a cop willing to bang your door down for it.

Yeah I'm not worried in the slightest, but was just wondering what the legalities were. By right, should I have a gaming license? A betting license? Am I even gambling?

Advertisement