Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hotel?

Options
  • 20-07-2015 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hello all, Im just hoping one of ye kind boardsies can help me with a dilemma. I am going to take my mother to Kildare for two nights B&B for her birthday this year. She would love to see Kildare village and I thought we could get a good deal mid week sooooooo I have priced a few places and like the look of both the Clanard Court Hotel and Maudlins House hotel. Pricewise there isn't much in the difference but im just wondering which is the nicer of the two for a mid thirty year old and mid sixty year old. We would just shop and sight see during the day but from evening stay in the hotel for dinner and a drink. (wouldn't need town nightlife)
    Which would a local pick for rooms and food point of view? Thank ye:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Why not try www.kildarehousehotel.ie

Located in kildare town and about 5 minutes walk from kildare village outlet, 20 min walk to national stud.

Recently refurbished too

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

I would recommend the Clanard Court, great relaxed atmosphere, good food. modern hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. I am really looking forward to the trip. I'll post up whichever I get to book.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Carrie6OD

bertsmom wrote: »
    Hello all, Im just hoping one of ye kind boardsies can help me with a dilemma. I am going to take my mother to Kildare for two nights B&B for her birthday this year. She would love to see Kildare village and I thought we could get a good deal mid week sooooooo I have priced a few places and like the look of both the Clanard Court Hotel and Maudlins House hotel. Pricewise there isn't much in the difference but im just wondering which is the nicer of the two for a mid thirty year old and mid sixty year old. We would just shop and sight see during the day but from evening stay in the hotel for dinner and a drink. (wouldn't need town nightlife)
    Which would a local pick for rooms and food point of view? Thank ye:)

Barberstown castle is pricey but very special...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Would you consider another hotel? The Keadeen in Newbridge is fab and their food is gorgeous. Highly recommend it and its not too far from Kildare Village either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thanks very much Carrie6OD and andreac. Both those hotels look lovely. andreac my mam has stayed in Keadeen Hotel with my Dad and she thought it was really nice, Thanks for that. Not that I have ignored everyones suggestions but I have actually booked The Heritage Killenard. Pricewise it was good value and neither of us have stayed in a 5* before so really looking forward to it now! I rang the Clanard Court first to book but unfortunately they were booked out for when I wanted so that helped me make my mind up.
    Thanks for the help tho, appreciate it.

Advertisement