Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth upgrading from an IPhone 6 to a 6+

• 20-07-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭

so I've had an iPhone 6 64gb since last November which I bought from the UK site via parcelmotel. Now with this years model a couple of months off and the killer exchange rate ruling out purchasing from the UK site. I happen to be in Madrid at the moment and they have a lovely big Apple Store in Sol, which I took the chance to check out the Iwatch and also had another look at the 6+ and I am very tempted to go in tomorrow and buy a 6+, just looking for some advice on should I make the jump? Have any boardeies moved from the 6 to the 6+? Any regrets in doing so? I don't mind the extra size I suppose a good cover will be required and a screen protector as well. So people should I kill the credit card and pick one up or can someone talk me out of it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

so I've had an iPhone 6 64gb since last November which I bought from the UK site via parcelmotel. Now with this years model a couple of months off and the killer exchange rate ruling out purchasing from the UK site.

Just buy it from the Irish site...you are aware it exists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Just wait till September and get the 6s Plus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

naasrd wrote: »
    Just buy it from the Irish site...you are aware it exists?

Yes of course I do but you have to wait until later on in the year possibly due to supply constraints as your well aware UK/US sites can pre-order sooner the other geo's.
    More interested in folks who went from the 6 to the 6+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I went from the sony z3 when it was stolen to the 6+, sold the 6+ and went to the 6 now the 6 is gone missing and I've just went and bought a z3 again. I'm having a disaster of a year with phones...but my 2 main things with a phone are, battery life and camera and I really think the 6 and 6+ aren't at the races. Some reviews would disagree about the camera but I think the sony's picture is of a lot better quality.

If the 6++ has a much improved battery I might switch back but at the moment no. I think android 5.0 has finally come of age, a bit to do but it's a lot more stable and slicker than it used to be.

My thoughts on the 6+,better camera than the 6 and better battery life that's about it. Would I spend 100 extra on a 6+ over a 6 yes I would and have done but if your cost to change is 150+ i'd stick with the 6 unless battery life is a problem and if battery life is a problem then you might end up where i'm at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

_Redzer_ wrote:
    Just wait till September and get the 6s Plus!

Or wait till next year September when the 7 comes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Have both if it's any help. The 6 being a work phone and the + being my own. That extra size on the plus is nice to have. It all comes down to personal preference though. Do you want the larger phone.

shanec1928 wrote:
    Have both if it's any help. The 6 being a work phone and the + being my own. That extra size on the plus is nice to have. It all comes down to personal preference though. Do you want the larger phone.

I was actually in the Apple store to decide which one I want, but I think the 6+ is nicer to type on and those 100 euros extra aren't that much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Asmooh wrote: »
    Or wait till next year September when the 7 comes..
    Not even the same thing.
    If you've an iPhone 6 you're hardly slumming it and can wait out two short months for a much better product. The 6 Plus lags with only 1GB of RAM, that'll be doubled with the 6s Plus and rectified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

I went from 5 to 6+. To be honest, I found it too big. Next phone will be smaller. Re phone covers: Supcase are pretty good.

Woke up this morning read some of the comments on here and in the cold light of day I have decided to hold off and see what the 6s+ will be like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 sunita1211

Thats a good idea if you are deciding to wait till September than let me hold til September 2016 , Lets see which newer version would come by than

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

The 6+ is pretty big. Too big if only using for normal phone stuff. I use to books and Comixology, so like the bigness.

Rumours vs proof
    Anyway I'm getting the ip6+, and if the 6s is a good enough upgrade (eg higher screen res, better battery etc) I will get it in nov/dec.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

As Redzer said, RAM is the main reason to wait. It’s the biggest bottleneck on the current iPhones, particularly the Plus. It’s looking like Apple is going to have to go after web ads in a big way if they want to preserve the useful life of the current generation.

Yeah I actually did notice the 6+ was a bit more sluggish when swiping across screens or apps compared to the 6 as mentioned it probably needs the extra ram to make it bit more snappy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I went from 6 to 6+ and never regretted it for a minute.
    I love the large screen and since I was already struggling to use the 6 one handed I said I might as well jump to the 6+.
    As people have said though I'll definitely jump to the 6+s or whatever the hell they call it as I want split screen apps and the extra ram it will require.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

I went for the 6+, as I like photos and video. It is a big phone and took awhile to get used too. I went from a phone about the size of the current ip6. The only real difference is the battery life and the screen. I think the jump from a ip5 size screen to 6+ is a massive jump.

The real test of the phone size is, would I go for the same size again, and the answer is yes.

Ger

I just ordered my iPhone 6+ 64GB. But för me it doesn't matter I won't keep it much longer I think than 1 year because I never keep phones longer than 1 year.

So maybe I will be upgrading to iPhone 7 after this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

Asmooh wrote: »
    I just ordered my iPhone 6+ 64GB. But för me it doesn't matter I won't keep it much longer I think than 1 year because I never keep phones longer than 1 year.

So maybe I will be upgrading to iPhone 7 after this

Same. 6S are never radically different. It'll be the 7 that brings the big changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭calabi yau

Would be amazed if 6s doesn't double ram, and possibly add force touch, good be a decent upgrade in its own right

• Advertisement
Advertisement