Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on standing order setup.

Options
  • 21-07-2015 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I am a Bank of Ireland customer at the moment and I am wondering if I can set up a Standing order with a UK account? The person in question has a Nawest account. Can it be done and are there any hidden charges etc.?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved to the Talk to..BOI forum where BOI staff and customers can give you better info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Amprodude wrote: »
    Hi there, I am a Bank of Ireland customer at the moment and I am wondering if I can set up a Standing order with a UK account?  The person in question has a Nawest account. Can it be done and are there any hidden charges etc.?

Thanks.
    Hi Amprodude,

Currently it is not possible to set up a standing order from an account in the Republic of Ireland to the UK.

However, if you are registered for 365 phone or online banking you can certainly make transfers to the UK through either of these services. Please see here for more information.

You can also request this transfer in your local Bank of Ireland branch.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Hi Amprodude,

Currently it is not possible to set up a standing order from an account in the Republic of Ireland to the UK.

However, if you are registered for 365 phone or online banking you can certainly make transfers to the UK through either of these services. Please see here for more information.

You can also request this transfer in your local Bank of Ireland branch.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola
    I have tried to set up standing order through 365 online banking and currently waiting for code. Will I be able to set it up once I receive code or will I have to lodge money myself into the account?

Hi Amprodude,

Can you confirm if your Bank of Ireland account is held in the Republic of Ireland and the standing order you have recently set up is being paid to an account in the UK?

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Hi Amprodude,

Can you confirm if your Bank of Ireland account is held in the Republic of Ireland and the standing order you have recently set up is being paid to an account in the UK?

Thanks
    Nicola

Hi Nicola,

Yes that is correct.
    Amprodude

• Advertisement

Hi Amprodude,

Thanks for your post. 

It would not be possible to set up a standing order payment to an account in the UK. You can make a payment to the account using the money transfer option through 365 Online.

If you are transferring Euro you can set up the UK account as a SEPA payee, for payments in Sterling you can set up the UK account as an international payee.

Information on how to set up a new payee can be found here

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement