Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for sheet timber suppliers that deliver.

• 21-07-2015 3:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭

Hey

I am looking for a sheet timber supplier in the city that will deliver, can anyone recommend any of the suppliers and if you have used them in the past how much they charge per sheet and delivery?

I am only looking for a single sheet of mdf, 2 at the most 4'x8' so would need somewhere willing to deliver that small order.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

McMahons will deliver but it will probably cost you €50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

db wrote: »
    McMahons will deliver but it will probably cost you €50.

Including the timber or just for delivery? I have no credit or I would ring them and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Ring around for quotes, the timber prices constantly change. I've gotten deliveries from McMahon's and Heiton Buckleys in the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

gotasmoke wrote: »
    Ring around for quotes, the timber prices constantly change. I've gotten deliveries from McMahon's and Heiton Buckleys in the last year.

What did you pay for the delivery if you can remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

What did you pay for the delivery if you can remember?

I don't remember exactly, but it was definitely less than €50. Give them a call and they'll give you a quote on the spot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭893bet

Heitons usually charge 13 euro for delivery but I have never gotten such a small load delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

I've used this crowd in Terenure for a single sheet of MDF, cut to size. I collected, but they would have delivered.
    http://www.woodworkers.ie/general_files/contacts.shtml
    Sorry I can't remember prices (it was a while ago), but you could give them a call to get a quote.

I know a friend of mine got timber cut in Larry's DIY (Drumcondra) and was very happy with the service, but again he collected. Don't know whether they would have delivered; it's not mentioned on their website but you could enquire.
    http://www.larrysdiy.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dublin is probably a bit far to go for a sheet of timber. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭radia

Ah - sorry! I clicked into it as it's 'thread of the day'. Didn't notice it was Limerick!

Advertisement