Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Jaw Surgery

Options
  • 21-07-2015 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi, I have a planned surgery at the end of September this year to correct my underdeveloped lower jaw. According to my orthodontist and surgeon, this would involve breaking my lower jaw on both sides, bringing it forward and up to meet the upper jaw and it would be held into place with screws.

As the surgery date is approaching and despite feeling confident that I wish to have the operation, I have been feeling quite anxious and was wondering if someone who has had this procedure or a dentist could possibly answer some things I've been wondering about, such as the approximate length of the surgery i.e. how long will I be in the operation room?

Also, how long I should expect to be in hospital for after? Can go home on the day of the surgery?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

These are the questions you ask the surgeons doing the job. Nobody here can answer them for you, they are very specific to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭turbowolfed

These are the questions you ask the surgeons doing the job. Nobody here can answer them for you, they are very specific to you.

Oh okay yeah that makes sense i'll ask my surgeons next time i see them

Advertisement