Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

security problem with new payee & mobile phone number

Options
  • 21-07-2015 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me as i'm a deaf person and last night i was adding a new payee via 365 online which i've done before without any problems. But i had changed my sim card yesterday with Three as i was getting poor signal with the previous sim card. The mobile number still remains the same but i got a message last night from BOI stating the following:
    'We've experienced a problem with your mobile number please call B365 and ask for the 1TAC Security Team'.  Since i'm deaf i can't call the security team and i did get a call a few minutes later and i assume it was the security team but i couldn't hear the person and i tried to explain the situation.  Can one the reps here help me?? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

bada_bing wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if someone could help me as i'm a deaf person and last night i was adding a new payee via 365 online which i've done before without any problems. But i had changed my sim card yesterday with Three as i was getting poor signal with the previous sim card. The mobile number still remains the same but i got a message last night from BOI stating the following:
    'We've experienced a problem with your mobile number please call B365 and ask for the 1TAC Security Team'.  Since i'm deaf i can't call the security team and i did get a call a few minutes later and i assume it was the security team but i couldn't hear the person and i tried to explain the situation.  Can one the reps here help me?? Thanks.
    Hi bada_bing,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

In order to have this resolved for you, can we ask you to please click on the Online Service Desk option when logged into 365 Online and then click on Ask a Question. 
    You can then explain your query and our colleagues on the Online Service Desk with account access will be happy to help you. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi,

Hi bada_bing, 

Just to also mention, can you please include "FAO Sarah" in the subject heading for your Ask a Question. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi bada_bing,

We've been advised that our colleagues have responded to your query. We hope this has been resolved for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭bada_bing

Hi bada_bing,

We've been advised that our colleagues have responded to your query. We hope this has been resolved for you. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Yes it has been resolved, thanks for the quick resolution! very pleased with the service.

Hi,

Hi bada_bing,

In order to have this resolved for you, can we ask you to please click on the Online Service Desk option when logged into 365 Online and then click on Ask a Question. 
    You can then explain your query and our colleagues on the Online Service Desk with account access will be happy to help you. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I also received a text saying I should contact the 1TAC Security Team (after getting a new phone with Three) but there was no number with the text. I tried a couple of other numbers but none of the menus have an option for security/phone queries. Could you share it please?
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi,

Hi bada_bing,

I hope this helps. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    I also received a text saying I should contact the 1TAC Security Team (after getting a new phone with Three) but there was no number with the text. I tried a couple of other numbers but none of the menus have an option for security/phone queries. Could you share it please?
    Thanks

Hi Ixelles,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

Please call 0818 365 365 (or +3531 4044000 from abroad) press option 1 on the menu followed by the * key and you will be transferred directly to a representative who will be happy to help you with this.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks
    Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

Sarah, same problem. Can you advise ? 

Rockin wrote: »
    Sarah, same problem. Can you advise ? 

Hi Rockin,
    Thanks for your post. Can you please call the number mentioned in Nicola's post above as our advisors on that number will be happy to assist you with receiving the security code.
    Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Rockin

[font=Arial, sans-serif]I contacted the number, they told me they can't issue codes over the phone.[/font]
    Contacted the service desk, they said call in branch
    Branch put me on the phone .....

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif] Our security system has picked up that you have removed the sim from the phone and because of this you will need to call in to a branch to have this security block removed. This is to protect your account[/font]

Rockin wrote: »
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]I contacted the number, they told me they can't issue codes over the phone.[/font]
    Contacted the service desk, they said call in branch
    Branch put me on the phone .....

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for contacting the Online Service Desk.[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif] Our security system has picked up that you have removed the sim from the phone and because of this you will need to call in to a branch to have this security block removed. This is to protect your account[/font]
    Hi Rockin, 

Sorry to hear that you have had this trouble receiving an activation code. We would advise you to get in touch with your mobile provider to ensure that they have not blocked your number from receiving the codes. Once they have confirmed this is not the case, we would ask that you call back into your branch as an advisor should be able to have the code released to your mobile. 

Thanks again,
    Sarah

• Advertisement
Advertisement