Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menvier mf400 -> HKC

Options
  • 21-07-2015 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

How do I connect a menvier mf400 fire alarm to a hkc 1070?

My understanding is that I would need a relay- could anyone recommend one?

The hope is that I would get notifications to my phone should the fire alarm go off.

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ideally a 24 volt DC relay would be the best way to go. And wire normally closed from that into a zone programmed as fire on the alarm panel.
    Most good electrical wholesalers would have these. Where are you located?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 meh444

I'm in Cork City.

Which connections do I use on the Menvier panel to wire to the relay?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Northwood Technology have a lad based in Cork who might be able to look after you.
    You can connect the relay to remote signal or any bell output.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I don't do fire but I have seen lads come off a smoke heads which I wouldn't agree with.
    If I am connecting an access system or alarm panel I usually get whoever maintains the system to provide a volt free contact/pair.

Advertisement