Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alibaba

Options
  • 21-07-2015 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi,

I need some help? Has anyone bought goods with Alibaba or a (or heard of a) company called K&T Co., Ltd / Hstyle Party Supply http://www.hstyle.eu/ trading on Alibaba. My wife placed an order with them on 26th June 2015 and they say they haven't received the payment yet. She contacted her bank and the transaction has been paid. I just want to know if it's common to wait up to a month for a payment to be received by a Chinese bank account. We are starting to get nervous that this might be a scam company.

Any feedback or information would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Have used alibaba/aliexpress a good but and never had a problem with payments only time it wasn't immediate was recently but even then it was less than an hour. I have run into a scammer once or twice and must say it was handled really well by them and they refunded my money both times. After this long I think you are right to be worried there is a problem somewhere along the line even if it was a large amount it shouldn't be held up that long. Have you been in touch with Alibaba yet? I would be getting on to them straight away if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PJ4

jimmii wrote: »
    Have used alibaba/aliexpress a good but and never had a problem with payments only time it wasn't immediate was recently but even then it was less than an hour. I have run into a scammer once or twice and must say it was handled really well by them and they refunded my money both times. After this long I think you are right to be worried there is a problem somewhere along the line even if it was a large amount it shouldn't be held up that long. Have you been in touch with Alibaba yet? I would be getting on to them straight away if not.

Thanks jimmii. We haven't contacted Alibaba yet, but that's a good idea. Do you know the best way to contact them? My wife has contact with the seller over email, but the seller said she hasn't arrived the money yet and won't send the goods until it's received. I just tried calling them but it played music and cut off, this happened twice (I know it's late in China and it could be closed).

Log and then gohereand there is 24/7 live chat they should be able to look into it for you. You processed the money via their payment system right? Should be easy for them to track if that is the case it might be that they are holding it in escrow or something like that.

Thanks again jimmii. The seller just contacted my wife to arrange a Skype in the morning. My wife paid the money from her account but I don't if it was to Alibaba or the seller.

Still a good idea to contact them might be easier for them to look at it from their end.

• Advertisement

You're right. Thanks jimmii

Advertisement