Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBT all over the place

Options
  • 21-07-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭

First time ttc. We've just started trying but I've been monitoring things for a little while - I've always been incredibly irregular so I'm trying to increase chances as best as I can.
    Last month I'm pretty sure I predicted ovulation based on CM - two weeks later I got my period - but we weren't trying then.
    We're trying now and with the regular intercourse it's hard to actually get a sighting of CM.
    I've been keeping track of BBT for a few weeks now to at least get a sense if ovulation has occurred. I'm a bit disheartened because the readings are all over the place.
    I take my temp first thing when I wake up - alarm goes off thermometer goes in. In the last week I had readings at 36.7, 36.6, 36.5 36.4 then 36.8, 37.1 yesterday and today 36.7. I was expecting slightly more consistent results.

Are other people getting similar fluctuations? Do these readings seem about right? Might I have ovulated 2 days ago?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭scrgirl

if you were drinking the night before it can effect your temps,. otherwise it can be a sign of not ovulating, look at other charts on fertiltiy friend (or whatever app you are using) to see what normal ovulation charts look like. Mine are very spikey but i am not consistently ovulating unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dortilolma

Thanks scrgirl - I joined fertility friend recently and noticed that the type of thermometer I was using (ear) is most definitely not the type to be using. I've just ordered a standard bbt thermometer online. Going to see how I get on with this one.

Advertisement