Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any traditional coaster village in Mallorca?

Options
  • 21-07-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

We're a couple with infant looking for somewhere quiet but with a handful of restaurants, Mallorca maybe a good option.

Does anyone have recommendations.

An apartment would suit us for accomodation, a small beach and a handful of restaurants in walking distance would be ideal.

The beach is optional.

I'm thinking this is a stretch.

thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

The south west of the island is a lot more low key than the North. Caveat to this...it is also more expensive.

My mother-in-laws partner has a place in Cala Figura which would tick most of your boxes - but as said...it's an expensive part of the island - last time I was there, I saw Xavi and the last time my wife was there saw Shakira and Pique (Barcelona players)

Cala Llombardis further along the coast would also tick the boxes.

The only thing about that side of the island is the beaches need to be driven to, as it more rocky than the other parts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

The Bendinat, Illetas, Puerto Portals area would tick all your boxes, but again, it is expensive.

Illetas is lovely and has some lovely little sandy beaches and is €30 in a cab from the airport and a 30 minute bus ride from Palma.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭n1st

very nice thanks, I'll have a deeper look this evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

Cala D'Or is exact!y what you are looking for. It's on the east of the island, about an hour from Palma airport. Might be a little expensive depending on where you stay but its a lovely town and worth it I think.

Advertisement