Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Card Abroad

Options
  • 21-07-2015 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just received my mobile phone bill and I have a surcharge of around €8 from when I was in the USA, because I had to call you guys after you blocked my card from being used, DESPITE me having already called to inform you where I'd be, with the relevant dates.

I assume that there's no mechanism for claiming this money back, because it's pretty unfair that despite me having forewarned of my travel, I'm now left out of pocket for an expensive international call because of your excessive security.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

jaymcg91 wrote: »
    Hi, I just received my mobile phone bill and I have a surcharge of around €8 from when I was in the USA, because I had to call you guys after you blocked my card from being used, DESPITE me having already called to inform you where I'd be, with the relevant dates.

I assume that there's no mechanism for claiming this money back, because it's pretty unfair that despite me having forewarned of my travel, I'm now left out of pocket for an expensive international call because of your excessive security.
    Hi jaymcg91,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

Our card security team will take measures to ensure that our customers are indeed making the transactions that may have been flagged if the transactions appear to be unusual. 

We are sorry to hear that you have been charged this amount by your mobile provider, however when you receive a security message from our Card security team, it is necessary to call them to confirm that you have made the transactions. We do take into account travel notice on your Current account or Credit Card, however sometimes it may still be necessary to confirm transactions with our Card Security team by phone. 

If you are unhappy and wish this to be investigated further, please see our Customer Complaints process here to lodge a formal complaint. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement