Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window installer and seller in Limerick???

Options
  • 21-07-2015 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hello,

I am looking to replace two windows in my home with something more efficient. Right now they are just plain glass windows, so they need to be double glazed or something to stop the heat going out and the breeze coming through.

Can anyone recommend a seller and installer in the Limerick area who is reliable and affordable.

I have had no experience with this so if someone can recommend what kind of window to get if there are different types that would be greatly appreciated.

I see the two main window people on google are Costello and Senator windows. I have seen one or two bad reviews for Costello Windows but they were from a few years ago. Would these two companies be the two to go for or is there someone better?

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2009_

You could try Curran Aluminium

Or Duggan Systems

Last one i know based in Limerick is Walsh Aluminium

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thumd1

Thankyou, i will look into those. duggans has been mentioned before and seems good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

i hear fedamore windows are good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Wright Windows in Co. Westmeath will do all over the country, very good guys and an excellent product..... http://www.wrightwindows.ie/

I heard about them from a friend who got them to fit external doors and windows as part of a recent renovation, I got them for a new kitchen door and replaced all my old hardwood windows, very happy with the product and workmanship. You never see or hear them advertise, they appear to get almost all of their business through word of mouth which should tell you enough about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭beldin

I have used Limerick Glass a few times.
    They replace all the windows in my last house , then a year or 2 one fogged over and they came and replaced it no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭OO7FITZY

Windows CLARE:

have two options and based on advice stayed away from MJ and Costello's

1. Double glazed - Window U-VALUE 1.4, BFRC Energy Index 5, Solar Factor 0.47

2. Triple glazed - Window U-VALUE 1.1, BFRC Energy Index 12, Solar Factor 0.40

Obviously the lower u-value the better but what does "BFRC Energy Index" mean and "Solar Factor"

price difference between double and triple is around +12% but as the side of the house where the windows will be facing is North I think I need triple glazed plus there is some road noise also

All the glass seems to be made by same company in Nenagh so looks only decision is the fitter - Are Senator any good or Mid West?

feedback welcome?

Advertisement