Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My skin has gone to crap. :(

Options
  • 21-07-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

I've had eczema for about 5 years or so, but its always just been on my legs and elbows. In the last month or so, I started getting a dry,scaly red patch under my eye. I figured I'd developed a sensitivity to the eye cream I was using so I stopped using it But, in the last feel days, it's gotten a lot worse. Its now under both eyes, on my forehead and my jaw.

I've been using hydrocortisone cream but I haven't noticed a difference yet. Worse still, my moisturiser is now making the affected skin burn. Its La Roche Posay Rosaliac so you think it'd be good for eczema but apparently not. :\

Has anyone any recommendations for tips for calming it down? Or a good eczema friendly moisturiser?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I get patches and use Lucy bee coconut oil... Works wonders for me

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

I was going to say oil also!
    I got Tamanu oil from Amazon, it's supposed to be the most healing oil there is... I had patches of eczema under my nose for years and had to use a strong hc cream every day. Just a small amount but if I didn't use it, it would spread & get really sore with small pustules developing!
    Since using the Tamanu oil I very rarely have to use the hc cream ( I was using Elocon which is the strongest you can get but I found the OTC ones just didn't work!).
    I use it pure on it's own, it's a lovely rich green oil but it sinks in nicely... It doesn't block the pores and is a fantastic moisturiser, it also plumps the skin up:)
    You should google it... It's really amazing & healing for the skin!
    Sometimes I use a good quality Argan oil too just to change it up (Dr. Organics).
    You could also try Hemp Seed Oil which has fantastic healing properties!!
    Oils are the best moisturisers you can get, they are natural, nothing added & there are so many of them it's just a matter of finding one that works for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

ArtyC wrote: »
    I get patches and use Lucy bee coconut oil... Works wonders for me
    Off topic, but where do you buy Lucy Bee in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 silvercrown

I had eczema when I was younger, but occasionally due to stress and the weather it came back again. I would recommend salcura face cream and body lotion. If you find that your skin absorbs the lotion really quickly and it feels dry again afterwards straight away, I'd suggest applying a thin layer of oil- e.g coconut oil or flaxseed oil onto your skin first and then apply the cream

Advertisement