Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of French door and single glass door

Options
  • 21-07-2015 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi all,

I am hoping to get an idea of the cost i would be looking at for the following:
    A double French door to replace a 2100mm dining room window that is currently there. The door would open out from the dining room into the back garden. Ideally I would like one with a Uvalue of 1.2 W/m2k or less.

I would also like to replace the 1400 mm window in the kitchen with a full glass door opening out into the garden and a fixed glass panel beside it.
    The walls would have to be taken down from window cell level too.

I am in Limerick city.
    My budget is tight so i would be hoping to get both done for under €2,500.
    Is this too optimistic?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,003 ✭✭✭893bet

GS2K wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am hoping to get an idea of the cost i would be looking at for the following:
    A double French door to replace a 2100mm dining room window that is currently there. The door would open out from the dining room into the back garden. Ideally I would like one with a Uvalue of 1.2 W/m2k or less.

I would also like to replace the 1400 mm window in the kitchen with a full glass door opening out into the garden and a fixed glass panel beside it.
    The walls would have to be taken down from window cell level too.

I am in Limerick city.
    My budget is tight so i would be hoping to get both done for under €2,500.
    Is this too optimistic?
    Thanks

Prob a little tight I would say.

My brother in law has a window/doors company in Limerick. PM if you want the details.

Advertisement