Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Coffee in the Shopping Centre

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 TheMightyI

I agree with previous poster - the new coffee shop in Next is pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Just got back from Next, and yes, the coffee is good. They also do very a nice pancakes, bacon and maple syrup breakfast - I wasn't holding out much hope for the food as it appears to be all prepackaged sandwiches but the pancakes were lovely. Only problem with it is that I spent a fortune in Next on the way out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Hi,
    Not in Shopping Centre but just few minutes North...the Bewleys Barista inside the Texaco petrol station beside Roselawn Business Park.
    Nice, deep, touchy taste !
    hmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

rolion wrote: »
    Hi,
    Nice, deep, touchy taste !
    hmmm...

prudd.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭George Michael

have tried costa, starbucks and butlers and they are all pretty poor, with starbucks being the worst. butlers isnt too bad, but ive had better

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

have tried costa, starbucks and butlers and they are all pretty poor, with starbucks being the worst. butlers isnt too bad, but ive had better

Butlers does have a free sweetie though

Staplor wrote: »
    Butlers does have a free sweetie though

ah yea the chocolates are lovely, ill give them that

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

was in Dunnes this morning and fancied a coffee. Decided to try their machine down beside the bakery.

NEVER EVER GO THERE

It's muck, horrible, tasteless and as weak as ditchwater.

And I'm not even all that fussy about my coffee

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Leonidas - great coffee and free sweetie like butlers too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Wetherspoons, free self serve refills on filter til 2pm. Not amazing, but given the level of quality around the centre, it's the best value if you've time to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Bottler70

Always liked McDonalds coffee. Probably not a popular choice but really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Java Republic factory/ restaurant. Ballycoolin. Only open during the week. Normal daytime hours. food too. Very popular spot.

Now thats coffee I like. You can see the process of roasting etc going on too.

Nice experience.

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Java Republic factory/ restaurant. Ballycoolin. Only open during the week. Normal daytime hours. food too. Very popular spot.

Nice experience.

java republic is hands down my favourite coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Tigerbaby wrote: »

Nice experience.
    Yessss!!! Forgot about them. Lovely coffee & grub

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

isnt it great to have so much choices so close by

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

For the size of the area I would say the choices are fairly pedestrian and predictable in D15, with very few independent businesses in the mix.

If you take Dunboyne, Rathoath and Dunshaughlin, I can think of at least ahalf of dozen plus places where I can get a really good breakfast or a coffee/tea and a freshly made piece of confectionary which is produced on the premises. The really nice thing in my books is that each and everyone of them are independents and only one is a pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    For the size of the area I would say the choices are fairly pedestrian and predictable in D15, with very few independent businesses in the mix.

If you take Dunboyne, Rathoath and Dunshaughlin, I can think of at least ahalf of dozen plus places where I can get a really good breakfast or a coffee/tea and a freshly made piece of confectionary which is produced on the premises. The really nice thing in my books is that each and everyone of them are independents and only one is a pub.

It's a bit of an apples and oranges comparison really...

Dunboyne, Ratoath & Dunshaughlin are villages, of course you will not get a starbucks or butlers out there. Instead you get the local small coffee shops/cafes.

The towncentre is exactly the place where starbucks, butlers, Leonidas, wetherspoons would locate themselves. And exactly where a local café would not.

However down in Blanch village or Castleknock village there are the cafes/coffee shops just like the ones in Dunboyne, Ratoath and Dunshaughlin.

We really do have a lot of choice in D15, we are very lucky I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Pat Dunne wrote: »

When you compare rental prices in Dublin 15 and meath its a different market. The tried and tested business model will always win out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

When you compare rental prices in Dublin 15 and meath its a different market. The tried and tested business model will always win out

I agree in regard of the rent in D15. However to my mind, tried and tested is your usual corporate giants, overing fairly average mass produced fair. More a case of marketing than substance.

• Advertisement
Advertisement