Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre map update

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jerlosty

Hi grainne that link only tells me fibre broadband is not available at my home it does not tell me when it will be available.

They have put fibre broadband in half the town and already they are upgrading that to 1 gigabyte broadband without even putting fibre broadband in the other part of the town. So would there be any chance you can find out when my line will be enabled for fibre broadband regards jer losty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

jerlosty wrote: »
    They have put fibre broadband in half the town and already they are upgrading that to 1 gigabyte broadband without even putting fibre broadband in the other part of the town. So would there be any chance you can find out when my line will be enabled for fibre broadband regards jer losty
    Hi jerlosty, 

That link will be updated when fibre will be available in your area. 

We would not be able advise when it will become available

Grainne

Hi jerlosty, 

That link will be updated when fibre will be available in your area. 

We would not be able advise when it will become available

Grainne

If you cannot advise me who can where do I need to get an answer to this as I've said before the website is telling me within 12 months for the past 24 to 36 months I would say closer to the 36 months. There must be someone in the company that knows with this is going to happen regards jer losty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Nobody but Openeir has information about planned upgrade dates and they don't release that information til 4 weeks before an exchange is due to go live.

• Advertisement

fritzelly wrote: »
    Nobody but Openeir has information about planned upgrade dates and they don't release that information til 4 weeks before an exchange is due to go live.

Thank you for the help but I just cannot understand how they can supply half a town with fibre broadband and then upgrade it again without finishing off the other half of the town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

jerlosty wrote: »
    fritzelly wrote: »

Thank you for the help but I just cannot understand how they can supply half a town with fibre broadband and then upgrade it again without finishing off the other half of the town
    It's how Openeir work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 eir: Andre

Hi jerlosty,

I completely understand your frustration, I do apologise. We have no exact time frame on this Unfortunately I would suggest checking frequently link  here  

-Andre

Advertisement