Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre map update

• 21-07-2015 2:48pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Any chance of an update on the efibre map? It's now 2 months out of date

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

marno21 wrote: »

Hi marno21

Yes, it's certainly in need of an update, I have raised this with online operations and I will use your feedback raising this again.

Apologies for any confusion caused by this

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Hi marno21

Yes, it's certainly in need of an update, I have raised this with online operations and I will use your feedback raising this again.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks very much Alan.

No rush was just making sure it wasn't forgotten

Hi marno21

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks very much Alan.

No rush was just making sure it wasn't forgotten
    No problem marno21

Cheers for highlighting this - awareness is important and I've sent this on online operations.

Have a great day

Al

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Any luck persuading them Alan?

Map is now 3 months out of date, and the wholesale map is after falling behind too

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭MackMack

My local exchange is on the map as due to go live on July 8th. And it was like that for probably a month before hand.
    Looks really unprofessional to have such information being so far out of date.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys

sincere apologies for any confusion or disappointment created by the map - I have passed this on to our online operational teams again and requested that this be looked at more urgently.

The line checker located on that page still works and is fully up to date if you would like to try that

Thanks
    Al

The line checker located on that page still works and is fully up to date if you would like to try that
    The line checker isn't much use to those of us without a phone line. 
    I (and a lot of others) use the map to see when the exchange is getting upgraded so that I can then get a phone line in. Others use it to know when to ring eircom etc to place an order for efibre. Not having the map up-to-date might be costing ye new contracts from people that don't know they could be getting better broadband.

MackMack wrote: »
    I (and a lot of others) use the map to see when the exchange is getting upgraded so that I can then get a phone line in. Others use it to know when to ring eircom etc to place an order for efibre. Not having the map up-to-date might be costing ye new contracts from people that don't know they could be getting better broadband.
    Apologies MackMack

In that case I suggest checking this map (click on NGA Fibre broadband network): http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Please note that the max distance a line can be from a cabinet is up to 2Km to avail of eFibre - ultimately the speed will decrease over the 2Km which is explained further in this link: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have

Cheers
    Al

Apologies MackMack

In that case I suggest checking this map (click on NGA Fibre broadband network)
    Apologies, but both of the maps are out-of-date.
    The eircom.net map for Cobh (and most places tbh) was never accurate and the eircom wholesale map is at least 1 month out of date.
    Just checked my local exchange COV1_E01 - Due to go live 8th July, and it was listed as this for a month before going live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

The eircom.net map for Cobh (and most places tbh) was never accurate and the eircom wholesale map is at least 1 month out of date.
    Just checked my local exchange COV1_E01 - Due to go live 8th July, and it was listed as this for a month before going live.
    The wholesale map is updated about once a month, around the start of the month, but there seems to be a delay this month for some reason. I haven't seen it delayed like this before.

• Advertisement

jd wrote: »
    The wholesale map is updated about once a month, around the start of the month, but there seems to be a delay this month for some reason. I haven't seen it delayed like this before.
    Cheers jd

Yes, both require updating. I'll keep sending on your feedback on this and apologise for the inconvenience created,

Al

Apologies MackMack

In that case I suggest checking this map (click on NGA Fibre broadband network)
    Apologies, but both of the maps are out-of-date.
    Hi MackMack,

I can confirm COV1_E01 is now active - apologies for the delays in the update.

Thanks
    Al

Any idea about BMD_E01 Alan?

Hi marno21

What County and town is that in?

Cheers
    Al

Hi marno21

Cheers
    Al
    Cork - Ballydesmond - only the 1 cab

Hi marno21

Cheers
    Al
    Cork - Ballydesmond - only the 1 cab
    Thanks for clarifying marno21

More works are required to that cabinet and unfortunately there is no estimated launch frame beyond the next 6 to 8 months

Thanks
    Al

Thanks very much Alan!

Is the issue that there's no backhaul running to the exchange at present? Cos this exchange was never enabled for DSL

Cheers

Thanks very much Alan!

Is the issue that there's no backhaul running to the exchange at present? Cos this exchange was never enabled for DSL

Cheers
    No worries marno21

There's no issue but rather this is the allotted timeframe for eFibre launch in Ballydesmond- although it is of course task that needs to be faced in delivering fibre :)

Al

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Macker1

Hi Folks,

Just wondering when can I expect eFibre to be available to me in Ballivor. I can see from the map that an exchange near to my home (less than 300mtr) is live.

There is also another planned exchange
    BVR1_002

which will be situated even closer at entrance to my estate Amberwood.

Any info appreciated.

Macker1 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

Just wondering when can I expect eFibre to be available to me in Ballivor. I can see from the map that an exchange near to my home (less than 300mtr) is live.

BVR1_002

Any info appreciated.
    Hi Macker1

I can confirm that eFibre has launched in Ballivor - the cabinet launched is cabinet number BVR1_E01

The other cabinets (BVR1_002 & BVR1_001) do not yet have a launch date as more works are required however our networks team have indicated that it could be another 6 to 8 months for the launch of BVR1_002 & BVR1_001

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

BVR1_002

Any info appreciated.
    Hi Macker1

I can confirm that eFibre has launched in Ballivor - the cabinet launched is cabinet number BVR1_E01

The other cabinets (BVR1_002 & BVR1_001) do not yet have a launch date as more works are required however our networks team have indicated that it could be another 6 to 8 months for the launch of BVR1_002 & BVR1_001

Thanks
    Al
    Just wondering can you tell me what exchange I'm currently connected to in Ballivor as the one that has gone live with eFibre is quite near.

My number is 0469567465.

Hi Folks,

BVR1_002

Any info appreciated.
    Hi Macker1

Thanks
    Al
    Just wondering can you tell me what exchange I'm currently connected to in Ballivor as the one that has gone live with eFibre is quite near.

My number is 0469567465.
    Hi Macker1

I can confirm your line is connected to BVR1_002

Thanks
    Al

Hi Folks,

BVR1_002

Any info appreciated.
    Hi Macker1

Thanks
    Al

My number is 0469567465.
    Hi Macker1

I can confirm your line is connected to BVR1_002

Thanks
    Al
    So the cabinet/exchange that I'm connected to will not be upgraded to eFibre till end of year. This cabinet is 260 meters from house.

Just wondering with the figures below would I be able to get higher speeds in the meantime.

DSL

Line Status:
    Connected

DSL Modulation Type:
    ADSL_G.dmt

Annex Type:
    Annex A/L

Upstream Downstream
    Current Rate (Kbps) 384 7168
    Max Rate (Kbps) 968 8572
    SNR Margin (dB) 15 13
    Line Attenuation (dB) 12 17.7

I have attached a speed test which is what I have to put up with at present in the evening time.

Would ADSL2 be faster if available?

Any input welcome.

Hi Macker

Your stats would certainly indicate the possibility and potential for faster speeds however the Balivor exchange cannot supply faster speeds than up to 8Mb because it is not ADSL2+ enabled (It's only ADSL). There are currently no plans to suggest when it will be upgraded to the ADSL2+ platform but if (more so when) it is your line would be very suitable to avail of faster speeds.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Alan/whoever,

Have ye any update of a timescale for the BMD exchange? Has gone from Jan-Mar 2016 to 'within 1 year'

Thanks,
    marno21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Hi marno21

Yes the map has changed in it's design and date forecasts - It's important to note that all areas are represented on an indicative basis only and delays will at times occur. I've just checked this with our networks team who feel BallyDesmond should be ready for mid/early summer 2016.

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi marno21

Yes the map has changed in it's design and date forecasts - It's important to note that all areas are represented on an indicative basis only and delays will at times occur. I've just checked this with our networks team who feel BallyDesmond should be ready for mid/early summer 2016.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to it

Best regards,
    marno21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi marno21

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to it

Best regards,
    marno21
    You're most welcome marno21

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jerlosty

Any news on the ballivor cabinet is going to be updated
    BVR1_001
    It's ridiculous half the town have fibre broadband and the other doesn't
    I am hearing within 12 months time for the last 2 years getting a bit ridiculous now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

jerlosty wrote: »
    Any news on the ballivor cabinet is going to be updated
    BVR1_001
    It's ridiculous half the town have  fibre broadband and the other doesn't
    I am  hearing within 12 months time for the last 2 years getting a bit ridiculous now
    Hi jerlosty, 

If you click on this link it will advise what broadband is available at your address. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement