Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Cork city

Options
  • 21-07-2015 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am enquiring about the availability of eFibre in my area, I was informed it would be Spring of this year, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Actually, just checked the interactive map and is saying it's available now....
    Funny because I did sign up to be notified when it was available...

What do I have to do to get eFibre?
    I was told it would be automatically switched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Macca07 wrote: »

Hi Macca07

Sorry to hear you were told it's an automatic switch - that's inaccurate as a specific order for efibre needs to be placed upon your request.

To order eFibre feel free to contact eircoms sales team on free phone 1800503303 or get in touch with them via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Cheers
    Al

Hi Macca07

Sorry to hear you were told it's an automatic switch - that's inaccurate as a specific order for efibre needs to be placed upon your request.

To order eFibre feel free to contact eircoms sales team on free phone 1800503303 or get in touch with them via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Cheers
    Al
    I've wasted a lot of time in the past talking to CSRs over the phone and by chat.... don't fancy doing it again.
    Is there an email address I can mail about this?

Hi Macca07

Cheers
    Al
    I've wasted a lot of time in the past talking to CSRs over the phone and by chat.... don't fancy doing it again.
    There's no email address to correspond with regarding signing up to eFibre Macca07

The only channels you can sign up with is WebChat, over a call, online eircom.net or calling in to an eircom shop

Cheers
    Al

Hi Macca07

Cheers
    Al
    There's no email address to correspond with regarding signing up to eFibre Macca07

The only channels you can sign up with is WebChat, over a call, online eircom.net or calling in to an eircom shop

Cheers
    Al
    Where is the option online to do it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

After I saw your post, I checked as well and now we're enabled, we've been waiting two years and were told that we would be switched as soon as it was enabled, but obviously that didn't happen. 

Hi Macca07

Cheers
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    The online option I am referring to is an area where you can place an order to upgrade to efibre - there's a full list of packages and prices on display https://www.eircom.net/broadband/

Thanks

Al

Hi Macca07

Cheers
    Al

Cheers
    Al
    The online option I am referring to is an area where you can place an order to upgrade to efibre - there's a full list of packages and prices on display https://www.eircom.net/broadband/

Thanks

Al
    So I have to go thrugh the ordering process again?

Hi Macca07

Cheers
    Al

Cheers
    Al

Thanks

Al
    Yes the order will need to be formally placed Macca07

Apologies for the inconvenience

Al

Hi Macca07

Cheers
    Al

Cheers
    Al

Thanks

Al

Al
    Hey Alan,

I've been weighinh up my options with this, and can see it's an 18 month contract for eFibre, will my 18 months being if I sign up now, or will it include my previous 8 months I've been with Eircom?

• Advertisement

calnand wrote: »
    After I saw your post, I checked as well and now we're enabled, we've been waiting two years and were told that we would be switched as soon as it was enabled, but obviously that didn't happen. 
    Ya, very frustrating. I also signed up to be notified when it did become available in my area, obviously no one is checking that either...

Hi Macca07

Cheers
    Al

Cheers
    Al

Thanks

Al

Al
    Hey Alan,

I've been weighinh up my options with this, and can see it's an 18 month contract for eFibre, will my 18 months being if I sign up now, or will it include my previous 8 months I've been with Eircom?
    Hi Macca07

An 18 month contract will commence from when the eFibre is installed. The previous 8 months are not included as the eFibre has it's own terms and conditions of service.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Macca07

An 18 month contract will commence from when the eFibre is installed. The previous 8 months are not included as the eFibre has it's own terms and conditions of service.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan.

Hi Macca07

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan.
    That's no problem Macca07 - happy to help

Al

Hi Macca07

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan.

Al
    Hi Alan,

I was wondering if you could tell me is it possible to get out of contract with Eircom?
    I want to upgrade to eFibre, but being charged ridiculous prices to upgrade, which I can't understand.
    It seems like Eircom don't want to hold onto customers?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi Macca07

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan.

Al
    Hi Alan,

I was wondering if you could tell me is it possible to get out of contract with Eircom?
    I want to upgrade to eFibre, but being charged ridiculous prices to upgrade, which I can't understand.

Thanks
    I am afraid that the contract would still stand Macc07. Al is off today but if you PM me your details I can check further for you.
    Tony

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi Macca07

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan.

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks
    I am afraid that the contract would still stand Macc07. Al is off today but if you PM me your details I can check further for you.
    Tony
    PM'ed

I sent all the info on 21st September, and still no response.

I was on the fence about whether or not to just jump ship, think this has made up my made.

Great customer support.....

I sent all the info on 21st September, and still no response.

I was on the fence about whether or not to just jump ship, think this has made up my made.

Great customer support.....

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi Macca07

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan.

Al
    Hi Alan,

Thanks
    Tony
    PM'ed

edited

• Advertisement

Hi Macca07

I was off for quite a while but I'm back now and I'll be happy to look in to this further for you if you could forward your PM to me? Apologies for the delays.

Thanks
    Al

Done

Done
    Thank you Macca07

I will look in to this and I will respond within 24 hours.

Thanks again

Al

Done
    Thank you Macca07

Thanks again

Al
    Hi Al,

It's now been a week since I sent the info, can I get an update please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Done
    Thank you Macca07

Thanks again

Al
    Hi Al,

It's now been a week since I sent the info, can I get an update please?
    Hi Macca07

I have responded to your PM this morning.

AL

Advertisement