Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Sheelin Challenge (16 Mile) Mon 3rd August 2015

Options
  • 21-07-2015 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭

Dont see a thread for this race.

Its a tough enough 16 mile Challenge around Lough Sheelin. You run through Cavan, Westmeath and Meath completing it. It has some pretty big hills at points, but as it is a complete loop, what you go up, you have to come down too.

http://registration.precisiontiming.net/events/preview?id=50&EventNAme=The_Lough_Sheelin_Challenge_2015

I did it last year and despite torrential rain it was an "enjoyable" run. It is run by St. Brigids AC.

It is well organised and you get a nice feed in the Crover House Hotel after the event. The Crover House Hotel is the start and finish, so it is dead handy for parking, waiting around, toilet facilities etc.

Its an unusual distance at this stage of the summer but it might suit some people.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Heading to this one myself, will be a good training run. Will probably be a bit bigger turnout than last year, I see they are doing a lot more promotion of the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Signed up also. 16 miles of hills. On an August bank holiday Monday....what else would you be at :D

Good race today. Was good to have that breeze to help keep cool. Route was good I thought, good mix of hills too. Chicken curry afterwards. :)

Times are available on precision timing website.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Ruu wrote: »
    Times are available on precision timing website.

Great event today. Weather was great for it. One whopper of a hill just when the legs are getting tired. Undulating would probably be an accurate description although there was a very flat section for a few miles. Chicken curry hit the spot and the tee shirt is pretty nice too. Well done to the organisers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭jmcc99_98

Weather much better this year. For some reason I completely bonked at 14.5 miles. Never happened before - Was sailing up to that point and then BANG!!

Not sure the reason behind it. Was on target to beat last years time but ended up finish 4 minutes slower - Ended up walking much of the last 1.5 miles. So not a good day at the office.

I reallly like the event - Ross Hill is an absolute killer though!

Advertisement