Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish Restaurant

Options
  • 21-07-2015 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

Howdy Folks, This might have been asked already, if so I genuinely apologies but I am wondering what in your estimation is a good Spanish restaurant in Dublin or the surrounding areas? I have had a look online at some places but I would like a bit of feedback on quality, authenticity of the food and price. I am bringing someone who is Spanish and these three criteria would be important. For example I had a look at one place and they charged €3 for a bowl of nuts as an aperitif which I though was a bit ott? Anyway thanks in advance for any help you can give

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Jan Laco

Viva Espana in Portobello is really great. My Spanish girlfriend loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Dr Crippen

Good start I like it, are they good portions I eat like a horse so for me that's important :)

thanks for the heads up Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

As per the F&D stickies - local queries should go to the relevant Region forum.

Moved from F&D.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Dr Crippen wrote: »
    Good start I like it, are they good portions I eat like a horse so for me that's important :)
    Its Tapas

Its Tapas

Yes I could order another one? Keep up

• Advertisement

As per the F&D stickies - local queries should go to the relevant Region forum.

Moved from F&D.

tHB

Okay my error, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Las Tapas De Lola on Wexford St (next door to Against The Grain) is very popular at the moment.
    http://lastapasdelola.com/

Salamanca on Exchequer Street has been around a long time and may be worth a visit also.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Las Tapas De Lola on Wexford St (next door to Against The Grain) is very popular at the moment.
    http://lastapasdelola.com/

Salamanca on Exchequer Street has been around a long time and may be worth a visit also.

I actually passed by that one on wexford street the other day and the smell coming from the restaurant was incredible. I will definitely check that out, we went to Salamanca before and that wasn't great, according to herself.

Thanks for reminding me of that one I appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Just remembered the Port House also.
    V popular spot.

http://www.porthouse.ie/

Thanks Whiskeyman, all feedback is really appreciated, this will cost me :)

thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Tapas by Lola on Wexford St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

Tapas by Lola on Wexford St.
    Just had lunch there, fantastic!

Woo hoo, I am hungry just thinking about it, the menu sounds delicious.

It would be great to see some places, not even Spanish restaurants selling Mahou beer. I have tried this a few times and it is delicious.

Glad to see you enjoyed the lunch anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I have to echo the recommendation for Las Tapas de Lola. It's the best Spanish restaurant I know in Dublin by quite a margin.

The Port House is also pretty decent.

Thanks Paddy I will definitely be checking them out, I was meant to do it this weekend but the Kildare game took preference :)

thanks again guys much appreciated

Advertisement