Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New American Landlords for Business

Options
  • 21-07-2015 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭

A new American capital fund has bought our retail park. Probably for next to nothing. These guys make me want to write a modern day version of the Fields of Athenry. They've come and just pulled legals on us straight away for a minor arrears. They are ignoring all correspondence I've had with previous landlords regarding a rent reduction I secured and have now banged me back up to 2007 top whack.

The ease and willingness to pull the legals trigger only suggests to me It must be tax deductible item for them to decrease the obviously huge annual profits they are making.

The government made a mess of ****ing everything. Now they have passed the keys of Irish assets over to these vulture funds that are dead intent of ripping small Irish business to shreds. Just so yield X can be secured for Hamptons banker Y.

The very same prick who's loose financial gamblings in the first place got us in this mess.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

lose the invective and get out your copy agreements/variations...pay the arrears actually due pronto and only then let them learn the realities of the archaic Irish legal system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

your anger and incorrect assumptions / racism will get you nowhere.

American funds own many places here. Irish funds own many places in USA. The world is a small place.

How has the government passed keys to "vulture funds"? If it was NAMA then it was sold by tender / auction and everyone was entilted to bid. The USA fund bid highest.

You signed a lease - you and the landlord, whether its joe bloggs from the local village or an American property fund, must adhere to the terms of the lease.

Advertisement