Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good experience

Options
  • 21-07-2015 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Just like to say today I had a good experience with Liberty Insurance and they actually wanted to keep my bussiness. I was ringing up to cancel my policy as the quote was very high and I actully got one cheaper online. 

Ended up getting a quote nearly half the one stated in the letter, bit of a pain to phone and messing around with a new quote but they managed to keep me.

I have had to do this in the past and usually it's just 'okay account cancelled'!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

TallGlass wrote: »
    Just like to say today I had a good experience with Liberty Insurance and they actually wanted to keep my bussiness. I was ringing up to cancel my policy as the quote was very high and I actully got one cheaper online. 

Ended up getting a quote nearly half the one stated in the letter, bit of a pain to phone and messing around with a new quote but they managed to keep me.

I have had to do this in the past and usually it's just 'okay account cancelled'!
    Hi TallGlass

Thanks, glad we could help you. If you need anything further let us know.

Regards 
    Seán 

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

:) swings and roundabouts - I rang as the my quote went up this year after I managed to get a quote at about last years price with another insurer. After 14 years with no claims they didn't do much to try and keep me.

By the way the quotes I got ranged from 395 to 1200 (1400 if I pay in instalments it Aviva! by the way) (:eek: :eek::eek:) for comprehensive with liberty wanting 500 which they could bring down to 475! So its off to "insurers new" for me!

• Company Representative Posts: 235 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Sean

:) swings and roundabouts - I rang as the my quote went up this year after I managed to get a quote at about last years price with another insurer. After 14 years with no claims they didn't do much to try and keep me.

By the way the quotes I got ranged from 395 to 1200 (1400 if I pay in instalments it Aviva! by the way)  (:eek: :eek::eek:) for comprehensive with liberty wanting 500 which they could bring down to 475! So its off to "insurers new" for me!
    Hi Goldenhoarde

I'm sorry that we could not offer you a more competitive quotation. If there is anything further I can do for you please let me know.

Regards 
    Seán

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

By the way the quotes I got ranged from 395 to 1200 (1400 if I pay in instalments it Aviva! by the way) (:eek: :eek::eek:) for comprehensive with liberty wanting 500 which they could bring down to 475! So its off to "insurers new" for me!

I agree, I'm at 44€ per month this is what I think is realistic of my experience and car type.

I had some really wacky quotes too usually, Axa or Aviva. 123.ie wouldn't even give me a quote. Insurance company got to realise the market isn't just what they want. People that are 25/30/35 want the cheap quote the 50/60/70 are getting!

Each year its a task to renew insurance, always involves a phone call to the insurance company to either cancel or get a better quote, while shopping around for quotes. Mind you its easily worth it I saved around 350/360 by doing so.

Advertisement