Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flat Fee Conveyencing

Options
  • 21-07-2015 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Mods - please delete or move if needed.

I'm not looking for legal advice but I'm curious if anyone know's if solicitors still do Flat fee Conveyencing? Or is the guideline still 1% of the property price?

The house is 85k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

I'm not looking for legal advice but I'm curious if anyone know's if solicitors still do Flat fee Conveyencing? Or is the guideline still 1% of the property price?

The house is 85k

As far as I know the move is towards flat fees! pm me if you want a recommended solicitor for conveyance (flat fee- dublin north based).

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Any recommendations by Private Message. Take any such recommendations with a large grain of salt.
    Not a problem.

Or is the guideline still 1% of the property price?
    That might be a bit tight. Note that it does not include outlays, much may be as much again.

Using a local solicitor that knows the issues with a particular area (rights of way, developer gone bust, estate not taken in charge) may be useful.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

The house is 85k

Mine did it flat fee of 850 + VAT + Costs. Very reasonable and good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Rew wrote: »

Hi, do you mind PMing me the details? I am currently only getting quotes of 1k plus vat plus outlay!!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭edenbridge146

Rew wrote: »

Thanks Rew - could you send me on their details via PM too please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭BabySlam

Victor wrote: »
    Any recommendations by Private Message. Take any such recommendations with a large grain of salt.

Whaaaat?

My solicitor did conveyancing on two occasions in the last 15 months - both times flat fees under 1k, and I am happy to pass along his name. What on earth is the issue with your warning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Babyslam it is a breach of our charter to argue with a mod instruction on thread, take that too to Pm

Mod

Pms are not regulated and anyone can recommend anyone else. There can be ulterior motives / people in search of personal gain. This in no way suggests you are but it can happen. Sadly not everyone can be taken at their word

• Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I didn't get a single percentage based quote - all flat fee.

Advertisement