Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get this cardigan

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Depends where you are based?

If there are any woolen mill type shops near you or any in the next town or city that you could get to? They would definitely be in Cork, Dublin, Galway and many other places.

For example in Dublin there are a few shops, see link for details
    http://www.sweatershop.com/pages/stores

They have a good few men's cardigans like that!
    http://www.sweatershop.com/collections/mens-cardigans

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭mockingjay

To be honest it looks like it was hand knitted, lots of people still knit, could you show it to an aunt or gran? Look for patterns online, plenty of wool still sold in shops.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

mockingjay wrote: »
    To be honest it looks like it was hand knitted, lots of people still knit, could you show it to an aunt or gran? Look for patterns online, plenty of wool still sold in shops.

funnily enough my Aunt knit me one for my birthday last year! She is a fantastic knitter! Its so cosy and warm for winter. I love it :)
    My husband got a gorgeous one in Dingle a couple of years ago. If it was a bit smaller I'd be robbing it off him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Dingle or Killarney there are plenty to be had.
    My friend picked up a gorgeous one a few weeks ago.
    They will be nicely priced early September too, especially in Dingle in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 imcool

I don't know if this is helpful, but the cardigan is Gap "Cable-knit Mock-neck" from f/w 2014, the item code is 989488 and it seems to have retailed $79. Seems to be out of stock everywhere apart from a few dodgy sites. Keep an eye out on ebay/grailed, if you're lucky you might find a used one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement