Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish vaping group on facebook

Options
  • 21-07-2015 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Is everyone here member of said group??

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Not me

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Never heard of it, but I've had a look and sent a join request, may as well give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭emmisaro

I was a member for 10 days. I found some people very helpful but I left the group because of the sniping on it. I've been following this group for months and I've never seen anything like it. I'm really disappointed that people with a common interest would tear each other to shreads. It's a great group nkav just don't enter any giveawayz!!

emmisaro wrote:
    I was a member for 10 days. I found some people very helpful but I left the group because of the sniping on it. I've been following this group for months and I've never seen anything like it. I'm really disappointed that people with a common interest would tear each other to shreads. It's a great group nkav just don't enter any giveawayz!!

Oh really?! Hate that carry on, would they begrudge you a win or something

nkav86 wrote: »
    Oh really?! Hate that carry on, would they begrudge you a win or something

Most people wouldn't to be fair and I was asked by a very kind member of admin to give the group a second chance. I don't mean to b***h but I'm just amazed at the holier than thou attitude of some people.

I've never come across that behaviour on this forum and I'll be sticking to this in future!!

• Advertisement

emmisaro wrote:
    I've never come across that behaviour on this forum and I'll be sticking to this in future!!

I think we share similar opinions there so and I'd rather not join it, be wasting time and winding myself up what's the point, this is a great forum very helpful and encouraging, I ask some stupid questions but I'm nearly always guaranteed that someone has an answer or a similar situation, that'll do me nicely!

I think we share similar opinions there so and I'd rather not join it, be wasting time and winding myself up what's the point, this is a great forum very helpful and encouraging, I ask some stupid questions but I'm nearly always guaranteed that someone has an answer or a similar situation, that'll do me nicely!

By all means join the group nkav. You might not have the same experience as me especially if you keep away from member giveaways. Some members were really helpful to me when I was asking questions as a relative newbie too.

Always asking questions bi feel stupid for asking too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭nuttyboy79

I'm a member and in fairness emmisaro you were only a member for 10 days take all the drama over the last few days out of the equation and they're actually a nice bunch. I gotten some great tips and advice out of them. But like all big-ish internet forums/groups there's always keyboard warriors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 craig8891

Can anyone give me the link for this group please? I have been looking for it for a while but cant find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Come on tell us the full story :pac: I'm in that group but I just scroll past most of it unless a picture catches my eye.

• Advertisement

EGriff wrote: »
    Come on tell us the full story :pac: I'm in that group but I just scroll past most of it unless a picture catches my eye.

Lol egriff I'd rather not rehash it :) I was just blown away last night by the attitudes of a select few to a charity giveaway. It's probably still there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭RonyPonyBah

https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishvaping

Some clowns in group but most are a lovely bunch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

Yeah, I'm over there. It's a great group. I actually missed the blowup that caused Emmisaro to leave but the contentious issue wasn't begrudging people winning a giveaway but people never posting and then popping up for giveaways.

Sorry to rehash Emmisaro, but just so people aren't scared away by thinking the former rather than the latter! I love the FB group, it's mostly a similar vibe to here and people are mostly very helpful. The bust ups are relatively few and far between I think.

I decided to give it a go, read the post with the bust up and it was messy and out of order, i can see why you left, but it seems like people learned from it, I'm liking it so far, from what I'm seeing I'd maybe suggest giving it another try?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭disco girl

I've sent a request to join :)

disco girl wrote:
    I've sent a request to join

Good idea, it's similar to this

I decided to give it a go, read the post with the bust up and it was messy and out of order, i can see why you left, but it seems like people learned from it, I'm liking it so far, from what I'm seeing I'd maybe suggest giving it another try?

After that a new page was set up by some other people that left after that. It's called friendly vapers ireland. You should join them too. Very helpful experienced vapers on it too

emmisaro wrote: »
    After that a new page was set up by some other people that left after that. It's called friendly vapers ireland. You should join them too. Very helpful experienced vapers on it too

Just joined that too :)

disco girl wrote: »
    Just joined that too :)

Great disco girl the more the merrier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

I'm on the Irish Vaping and Vaping Ireland pages and just requested to join VAPE & BANTER IRELAND.
    More of a lurker as i don't have the time to get into the clicks that are present on them.

• Advertisement

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I'm on the Irish Vaping and Vaping Ireland pages and just requested to join VAPE & BANTER IRELAND.
    More of a lurker as i don't have the time to get into the clicks that are present on them.

Theres no clicks on friendly vapers ireland . it's only been up and running a few days and I have to say its brilliant. I'd highly recommend it

Yeah, I'm over there. It's a great group. I actually missed the blowup that caused Emmisaro to leave but the contentious issue wasn't begrudging people winning a giveaway but people never posting and then popping up for giveaways.

Sorry to rehash Emmisaro, but just so people aren't scared away by thinking the former rather than the latter! I love the FB group, it's mostly a similar vibe to here and people are mostly very helpful. The bust ups are relatively few and far between I think.

I understand it might have been a bad day on the page but the reason I left was someone was laughed at for donating in a charity auction to the Irish cancer society. While I disagree with their stance on vaping I really found that disgusting and it wasn't just a member but one of admin. I will also repeat that I had a lovely message from a different admin asking me to rejoin. So I'm not bashing admin or the page. Just that particular episode

I'm on friendly vapers ireland too..great page, good fun and no clicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

I'm a member of Irish Vaping. The people there are just like the people here: helpful, friendly, generous, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

emmisaro wrote: »
    I understand it might have been a bad day on the page but the reason I left was someone was laughed at for donating in a charity auction to the Irish cancer society. While I disagree with their stance on vaping I really found that disgusting and it wasn't just a member but one of admin. I will also repeat that I had a lovely message from a different admin asking me to rejoin. So I'm not bashing admin or the page. Just that particular episode

That was me that was laughed at. I left the group over it, and the same admin who messaged you, also said I'd be very welcome back.

I know ICS are totally against vaping. But it doesn't eradicate all the help they gave to the numerous members of my family who died from cancer. I've experienced their work first hand, so will continue to donate to them.

disco girl wrote:
    I'm on friendly vapers ireland too..great page, good fun and no clicks.

Just joined them, great bunch!

Just joined them, great bunch!

We're class. Plus, lots of giveaways!

Just to add -

Irish Vaping have some of the kindest, most helpful and generous members of the vaping community in their group, the admin who laughed at the charity donation included. I wouldn't want people to think they shouldn't join. It IS a good group, with great people.

As for the admin in question - he's a very generous, helpful member of the page. Must have been an off,day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Toshlad68

All groups on Facebook that promote vaping in a safe way are good. As for cliques and arguments, it happens in all large groups not just the vaping ones. If anyone is looking for groups Irish vaping groups on Facebook they should search for the following that I know of:-

Irish Vaping
    Vaping Ireland
    Vape & Banter Ireland
    Friendly Vapers Ireland
    Cloudchasers-Ireland

All groups are closed groups, all are over 18s only.

Different groups but all with the main aim of getting the message out that vaping is the best way to get you off tobacco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

The ICS is a great group and their hearts are in the right place, but their attitude to vaping is based on ignorance and misinformation (not in the least the garbage coming from the WHO).
    I will never pass an ICS bucket, and especially anything for Crumlin Childrens Hospital.
    When cancer touches you personally (and it took my young brother) you gain an appreciation for groups like the ICS. They are good people only doing what they think is right. Getting laughed at or slagged off for donating to these or any charities is just not on.

Advertisement