Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is the better phone?

Options
  • 21-07-2015 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi all,

Which is the better phone between these three smartphones?

· Samsung Galaxy Core Prime
    · Sony Xperia E4G
    · Vodafone Smart 4 Turbo

I have nearly enough Vodafone Cherry Points to get one of these phones but I am confused as to which would be the better option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The 3 are very similar but I would go for the Sony because its a little newer and the battery life will that bit better over the other two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Davy wrote: »
    The 3 are very similar but I would go for the Sony because its a little newer and the battery life will that bit better over the other two

I would say avoid the Sony. I thought mine was amazing for a few months and now it's my worst phone ever. The battery isn't removable and it's buggy as hell. Mine was in for repair at the start of June (faulty electrical component) and 7 weeks later it's gone again. I'm getting the Core Prime as a short term replacement until my contract is up next spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Lots of problems with the core prime, I would of said the Sony myself.
    Hold out for a bit the Moto G 3rd Gen is launching soon for €179.99 or buy the Smart 6 plus from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Lots of problems with the core prime, I would of said the Sony myself.
    Hold out for a bit the Moto G 3rd Gen is launching soon for €179.99 or buy the Smart 6 plus from Vodafone.
    Re the Moto G 3rd Gen
    saw it promoted in the tech section of Irish Times on Thursday "from euro 180," but can't see it anywhere in the bricks and mortar shops.

even on line it seems to be 250 plus?

Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Re the Moto G 3rd Gen
    saw it promoted in the tech section of Irish Times on Thursday "from euro 180," but can't see it anywhere in the bricks and mortar shops.

even on line it seems to be 250 plus?

Any thoughts?
    Thanks.

meteor have it get it unlocked €179.99
    [Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/xF4VR3J.jpg)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

meteor have it get it unlocked €179.99
    [Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/xF4VR3J.jpg)

1 or 2 GB version? If its the 1GB version, the Smart Ultra 6 is miles ahead of it. SD410 vs SD615 too.

1GB for ireland first

1GB for ireland first

Double the price of the exact same spec Smart Prime 6. Overpriced IMO

Techmaster wrote:

Who makes the Smart P 6 ... You know...

Techmaster wrote: »

maybe so but you are stuck with vodafcuk and all the reinstalled vodafcuk crap

Jimmy, where did u see the Moto G, they didnt have in Pavilions in Swords on Thursday night

• Advertisement

maybe so but you are stuck with vodafcuk and all the reinstalled vodafcuk crap

Jimmy, where did u see the Moto G, they didnt have in Pavilions in Swords on Thursday night

All the crap can be deleted from the phone. If you wish to spend double the money for the exact same insides thats your choice.

Who makes the Smart P 6 ... You know...

Alcatel. Who are known recently for making excellent budget devices.

Techmaster wrote: »
    All the crap can be deleted from the phone. If you wish to spend double the money for the exact same insides thats your choice.

I specifically asked the experts in the VF shop in the Pavilions if I could do that and they said not.

The Moto g 3 gen launches in Ireland today, with stock in shops tomorrow, that image is just the advanced advertising.

Advertisement