Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat problem

• 21-07-2015 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Quite often at night when I am trying to go to sleep some cat comes to my backyard to start meowing. I try to get it up to scare it away but when I am up its always gone or most likely in an area I can't see it.

It isn't my two cats as their locked up asleep in the garage at night. I have seen the cat as a mostly black cat so he tends to blend into the darkness/shadow. I am the only one in my house that can hear it but the others have seen the black cat around on occasion. It just really annoying me anyway to stop it, I have no idea if it is stray or not though.

Comments

Quite often at night when I am trying to go to sleep some cat comes to my backyard to start meowing. I try to get it up to scare it away but when I am up its always gone or most likely in an area I can't see it.

It isn't my two cats as their locked up asleep in the garage at night. I have seen the cat as a mostly black cat so he tends to blend into the darkness/shadow. I am the only one in my house that can hear it but the others have seen the black cat around on occasion. It just really annoying me anyway to stop it, I have no idea if it is stray or not though.

If you shine a torch light towards the garden you will see its eyes light up, there's a reason why they call those road marking things 'cat's eyes' because they light up so brightly when a light is shone near them at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

AH Mod note: I just moved this to Animal and Pet Issues.
    I know I left a redirect but A&PI is a lot, lot stricter on what you can and can't say.
    Read the charter first: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056146511

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

You could set up a motion activated sprinkler. Turn it on before you go to bed. Not sure if they work in the dark though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭taytobreath

are your two cats females and spayed?,
    Its a tom cat looking for his hole, he smells your other two cats and is calling them. I'm afraid there's not allot you can do to stop the natural behaviours of male cats, the only thing is I find it tends to stop around September as the mating season takes a break till march/april

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

are your two cats females and spayed?,
    Its a tom cat looking for his hole, he smells your other two cats and is calling them. I'm afraid there's not allot you can do to stop the natural behaviours of male cats, the only thing is I find it tends to stop around September as the mating season takes a break till march/april

the two cats are brother and sister. They're both spayed and neutered.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

the two cats are brother and sister. They're both spayed and neutered.
    Well beyond the activated sprinkler advise (should work fine at night) the other option would be a TNR in case it's an intact male.

Advertisement