Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night Chicago: Dillashaw v Barao 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Dillashaw via Submission
    Paully D wrote: »
    7da3b21d073d73377cc069d02c9ec634.png

Date: Saturday 25th July
    Venue: Chicago, Illinois
    Times: Fight Pass Prelims (Fight Pass, 9:15pm GMT), Prelims (BT Sport 2, 11pm), Main Card (BT Sport 2, 1am)
    Odds: Dillashaw (1/2) v Barao (15/8)

Think TJ will be way to quick for Barao again, he needs to go up weight asap in my opinion it's killing him making it everytime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barao via Decision
    Nice to get a much more manageable card in terms of times thanks to it being on the east coast. It's only 3 hours but the difference between 3am and 6am on those long UFC nights is something else!

Hopefully Miesha Tate can grab the win to set up Tate v Rousey 3. Yes, Ronda will win again but they both seem to bring the best out of each other.

Worth keeping a close eye on Cruickshank v Krause too. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the winner be next up for Joe Duffy.

It should be an interesting card. The biggest favourite on the night is only 2/5 (Zak Cummings). Lots of hard to call matchups.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Barao via KO/TKO
    Early voting has people giving this to Barao. Does no one remember the absolute beating he took from TJ? It wasn't a fluke knockout or a dodgy sub. He absolutely embarrassed him for 20 odd minutes and then finished him. He fought one of the most ridiculously impressive performances ever.

Giving TJ the nod here, comfortably.

EDIT: I'd like to see that Tate/Caraway duo lose. They're the most unlikeable people in the business IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Barao via Submission
    Early voting has people giving this to Barao. Does no one remember the absolute beating he took from TJ? It wasn't a fluke knockout or a dodgy sub. He absolutely embarrassed him for 20 odd minutes and then finished him. He fought one of the most ridiculously impressive performances ever.

EDIT: I'd like to see that Tate/Caraway duo lose. They're the most unlikeable people in the business IMO

TJ dominated their last fight. Was clearly better and deserved the win. However I remember thinking something was off with Barao that night.

I think Barao looked good against Gagnon. It was a tough test but Barao handled it well and didn't look tired as he finished in the 3rd. TJ's last fight against Soto was no test of his abilities, hard to gauge how he will handle Barao again.

I chose Barao KO, but I think he'll win by decision most likely.

Absolutely agree about Tate.

Dillashaw via Submission
    TJ dominated their last fight. Was clearly better and deserved the win. However I remember thinking something was off with Barao that night.

I think Barao looked good against Gagnon. It was a tough test but Barao handled it well and didn't look tired as he finished in the 3rd. TJ's last fight against Soto was no test of his abilities, hard to gauge how he will handle Barao again.

I chose Barao KO, but I think he'll win by decision most likely.

Absolutely agree about Tate.

The something that was off about Barao imo was the fact that he got planted in the first and never recovered, He started well landed one or two big shots then couldnt deal with the level changes of TJ and nearly got finished in the first. His team told him not to engage after that first round because they knew he was on auto pilot. On contrast i didnt think he looked the best in his last fight but atleast got tested where TJ didnt against Soto.

• Advertisement

Barao via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    The something that was off about Barao imo was the fact that he got planted in the first and never recovered, He started well landed one or two big shots then couldnt deal with the level changes of TJ and nearly got finished in the first. His team told him not to engage after that first round because they knew he was on auto pilot. On contrast i didnt think he looked the best in his last fight but atleast got tested where TJ didnt against Soto.

I meant before the fight he didn't look right. However just re-watched the fight, Barao didn't recover well after that first round knockdown.

TJ's confidence, speed and power caught Barao off guard. I don't think that happens a second time. Really interesting fight, can't wait to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Barao via KO/TKO
    I think TJ easily takes this on decision. His confidence alone should be enough to get a win. Should be an extra option in the poll 'TJ Via Weight Cut TKO'

Even though Ronda is seriously lacking competition, I really don't want to see Tate have another crack, just pointless. Always fun to see Caraway get a hiding.

Some good scraps lined up, should be a fun card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Barao via Submission
    I'd be pricing Barao about 7/4 or so for this fight. Anything better than that and I'll be throwing a lump sum on him (betting sites blocked in work so I can't check)

Dillashaw via Submission
    callaway92 wrote: »
    I'd be pricing Barao about 7/4 or so for this fight. Anything better than that and I'll be throwing a lump sum on him (betting sites blocked in work so I can't check)

2/1 with bet365 & matchbook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Barao via KO/TKO
    I'm not sure how this fight will go. I hope it is more competitive anyway, the division would suck completely with Cruz sidelined and TJ easily beating Barao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭SnitchingBubs

Barao via KO/TKO
    Their first fight is one of my favourites of recent years, but I am a sucker for an upset win .

I'm taking TJ by decision, mostly because I'd love to see him fight Cruz if he makes it back.

Not sure why people dislike Tate, she's going out with a very unlikeable character. But if she's fighting anyone not named Ronda I root for her

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dillashaw via Submission
    I've been a TJ fan since TUF but even I thought he was being thrown to Barao for sport. He really impressed that night and I think he's on another level in standup now. His Muay Thai was ridiculously good that night and I don't think Barao has an answer for it (unless he takes it to the ground? Anyone know what Barao's ground game is like?)

Anyway, TJ to win again, but probably not as easily this time as Barao now knows what he has to step up to. I think even TJ was surprised the last time and said as much later on!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Barao via KO/TKO
    Barao is BJJ black belt with a ton of submission wins to his name but that didn't help him at all in their first match up. TJ did well to keep it standing, won when it went to the ground with submission attempts off his back and then finished it from his feet. He even had the confidence to try for a whole heap of takedowns himself.

If the same TJ shows up as did before he shouldn't have an issue to get the win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Dillashaw via Submission
    Needs more Conor McGregor

An embedded for a fight night with no Conor in it...crazy

Hopefully they'll have embeddeds for more Fight Nights

Barao via Decision
    Hazys wrote: »
    Needs more Conor McGregor Rebecca Dillashaw and Paige VanZant.

Completely agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Barao via KO/TKO
    Everything needs more Paige VanZant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Looking forward to this one, however defo won't be watching live as the amount of ads will be crazy. Big Barao fan since he joined UFC, hoping he can revert Alpha to their usual result in title fights. Watching cupcake defo a bonus too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Barao via Submission
    Gomi/Lauzon to kick off the main card. Two active legends of the sport lock horns. Hope it lives up to its potential.

Wouldn't be surprised if the FOTN cheques were made out and signed already for this one!!

Dillashaw via Submission
    Barao nearly missed weight again was .5 over on first attempt, needs to go to 145 asap of say his insides are wrecked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Barao via Submission
    ASOT wrote: »
    Barao nearly missed weight again was .5 over on first attempt, needs to go to 145 asap of say his insides are wrecked.

There was only one attempt really. It's not like he had to go away for a couple of hours. He just had to drop the jocks is all. In fairness I thought he looked better than we've seen him at a weigh in for a long long time. Laughing, joking etc. He seemed relaxed. He looked a little pinched around the cheeks yes but overall I think he looked good.

I honestly think he's got this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think Barao v Dillishaw is JDS v Velasquez II all over again.

Cain/Barao was on a tear, undefeated and looked unstoppable. The challanger, JDS/TJ was the underdog coming in, and he got the upset. The former champ, Cain/Barao, gets injured and needs a long lay off, everyone forgets how good he was. Going into the rematch, the bookie make a knee jerk reaction and JDS/TJ is odds on. They overreacted and that makes the underdog price on Cain/Barao profitable...

It's the same situation, might not be the same result but I can't see the value on TJ at 4/9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Dillashaw via Submission

Everything this guy said!

This card snuck up on me, but there's a lot of good match ups. I'm expecting Barboza v Felder to be an absolute war. Louzan and Gomi are never gonna have a bad fight.

I'd expect TJ to be a level above Barao again, he's far too fresh for him. Lightning on the feet with great angles, he is sublime to watch.

I haven't seen Felder that I can recall so I'm gonna watch a few of his recent fights on fight pass. He seems like a good lad, wants on the Dublin card and he wants pints after. Think I'll have a parlay on a few matches when ive done my research .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Barao via Submission
    weemcd wrote: »

I haven't seen Felder that I can recall so I'm gonna watch a few of his recent fights on fight pass. He seems like a good lad, wants on the Dublin card and he wants pints after. Think I'll have a parlay on a few matches when ive done my research .

If you saw his last fight it should've been easy to recall (v Danny Castillo). Can't wait for the Barboza showdown.

As for the main event I'm not sure this will be easy for TJ everything Barao has done prior to that beat down seems to have been erased and I'd expect a better showing from Barao. If another destruction of Barao happens I'll be shocked (not as shocked as last time though).

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Barao via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    I think Barao v Dillishaw is JDS v Velasquez II all over again.

Cain/Barao was on a tear, undefeated and looked unstoppable. The challanger, JDS/TJ was the underdog coming in, and he got the upset. The former champ, Cain/Barao, gets injured and needs a long lay off, everyone forgets how good he was. Going into the rematch, the bookie make a knee jerk reaction and JDS/TJ is odds on. They overreacted and that makes the underdog price on Cain/Barao profitable...

It's the same situation, might not be the same result but I can't see the value on TJ at 4/9

100% agree. It has the feeling of their 2nd fight. Could be way off the mark but I expect Barao to put on a clinic tonight and reclaim the title. Barao out as far as 2/1 I read on here so might stick a small bet on him. Should be another great card hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

JoeyJJ wrote: »
    however defo won't be watching live as the amount of ads will be crazy.

I am looking forward to tuning in, for whatever happens.

I will be up around 7.30 with the children, once I get them sorted playing I will have it one. It's a great card but not a live one for me this time.

What's the story with Alpha and Bang Ludwig now?

Barao via Decision
    Happy to see Zak Cummings back in the W column. He has to be one of the nicest guys on the roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Cummings made short work of him! Wow!

• Advertisement

I thought the ref could've stopped that a bit earlier. Joe Rogan agreed watching the replay.

Didn't take him long to take him out.

Barao via Submission
    Was thinking this might be a boring fight. Ring rust for Zak and nerves for Steele. Then boom...

Good win for Cummings.

Barao via Decision
    Enjoyable fight that. The armbar was so close. An extra 5 seconds may have done it for Duke.

Barao via Decision
    Nijem just got robbed there wow. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

On holidays in Gran Canaria.

Anyone any idea what channel if any this would be on over here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Dillashaw via Submission
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    What's the story with Alpha and Bang Ludwig now?

I think there was tension between Faber and Ludwig, as Faber wanted to be the boss and Ludwig was always gonna go and open his martial arts academy at some point. Once he left Alpha Male there were a few comments between the two.

Him and TJ worked the best, he still takes time out to train with Ludwig. TJ mentioned on the embedded that when he left Alpha the first time they were worried he wouldn't come back.

I think the two main problems are Faber and Ludwig don't see eye to eye, and therefore there is tension over TJ's loyalties. The results speak for themselves, they had better results with Dwayne than without him.

Barao via Decision
    Impressive from Krause.

Anyone for Krause v Duffy in Dublin? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Cruickshank always seems so small for that division

Joe Rogan said Eddie Wineland had a berserker style.

356327.png

I think he's probably right.

Huss, huss, huss!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Barao via KO/TKO
    not sure why lads take the likes of saunders down
    robertson is pretty tough to say the least

saunders split for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Barao via KO/TKO
    Really don't like Castillo. Hope Jim wrecks him.

Barao via KO/TKO
    castillo for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

a few questionable judge decisions tonight, worked out for me luckily

Really don't like Castillo. Hope Jim wrecks him.

ditto

Miller looks good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Miller looks good

tastes ****e though

tastes ****e though

ha

Barao via KO/TKO