Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC Fight Night Chicago: Dillashaw v Barao 2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Gotta say Dillashaw doing well so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Barao slowly morphing into Pendred as the fight goes on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Barao via KO/TKO
    Barao slowly morphing into Pendred as the fight goes on

spot on there :D

Barao looks wrecked and needs a KO or else its a loss!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭tinpib

Christ, Herb cudda jumped in way before that.

The opposite of what happened Conor 2 weeks ago.

Just goes to show the human condition of an MMA referee.

Discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Excellent performance by Dillashaw, total control from start to finish and unloaded for the finish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Photo-Sniper

Wow. Dillashaw is the real deal. A force to be reckoned with. He makes McGregor look like a slow train.

I really thought Barao would be a lot better tonight.

Well done to Dillashaw as I thought he wouldn't pull off the win again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Herb let that go on a bit long

Barao was so poor, I still hate Dillashaw.

Onwards to UFC190

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Wow, won that in style in fairness.

Looks pretty damn good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Herb let that go on a bit long

Barao was so poor, I still hate Dillashaw.

Onwards to UFC190

Agree 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Barao via Submission
    Barao was done after the first round.

TJ's movement and conditioning on a completely different level. Him and Cruz would be the most fleet footed fight in MMA ever. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Barao via Submission
    Predicted Barao before the fight. TJ was incredible. Literally running rings around Barao and striking at will. Impressive victory and you'd have to think, only Dominic Cruz fit and healthy would supply and interesting match up. We can hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Barao via Submission
    Dilashaw was really impressive, destroyed Barao again. Barao looked goosed after round 2.

Good fights tonight, particularly enjoyed Felder trying to sweep the leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Barao via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

I should have listened to the Dominator! He called it perfectly

https://twitter.com/TheDomin8r/status/625096139499442176

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Didn't expect that tbh. The accuracy of Dillishaw's punches to finish it off was exceptional. Enjoyable card overall.

Barao via KO/TKO
    great card

Barao via KO/TKO
    most improved fighter in the ufc surely
    could anyone have seen this after losing the tuf finale to dodson?

nobody to touch tj now at all, sooner cruz comes back the better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    Dillashaw has somehow gone from being a wrestler to the best striker in the UFC.
    Dwain Ludwig really transformed into a new fighter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Dillashaw via Submission
    Called it from the beggining that TJ would be to quick and that Barao would struggle to make wait.. The tough cut had an effect on him and was easily out worked again. Ludwig has done an amazing job with TJ though those level changes are sick

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Barao via Submission
    TJ just unreal.
    Rogan alluded to it too during commentary that the advice from Barao's corner between rounds was as basic as it gets with nothing technical. Seemed to be no plan B and a full assumption they would out strike TJ.
    Very impressive performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Just finished the main card, love watching Felder however he was a sore loser there, would like to see him in Dublin against Duffy.

Baroa needs to move to 145 might improve his cardio. Could be another Brazilian finished his career early.

Meisha was decent needs to improve though if she wants Ronda again.

Time for TJ do disassociate himself from Alpha male he is clearly Bang dude.

Barao via Submission
    jjdonegal wrote: »
    Rogan alluded to it too during commentary that the advice from Barao's corner between rounds was as basic as it gets

That was incredible. Repeatedly telling Barao to "win", how is that helping?
    Similar to a corner screaming "get up" when their fighter is on the ground, usually being dominated.
    Might as well just bring a bottle and towel holder of their corner is going to shout inanities.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Barao via Submission
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Time for TJ do disassociate himself from Alpha male he is clearly Bang dude.

What is the deal there ?? Is TJ not with TAM any more?? Can't be going down too well with the team if he is training with a guy they have so much (bad) history with.

John_D80 wrote:
    What is the deal there ?? Is TJ not with TAM any more?? Can't be going down too well with the team if he is training with a guy they have so much (bad) history with.

Ludwig more or less said TJ is the only guy in there that trains like a champion not sure what will happen now. Ludwig has moved away not sure if TJ will split his time or get away from TAM altogether

John_D80 wrote: »
    I really don't think there is much bad blood between Bang and TAM tbh. Duane was award coach of the year when at TAM, he was responsible for a lot of their successes. A lot of fighters continued to work with him after he resigned, he was still at the gym most days.

The issues between Faber and Duane are of a business nature essentially. That shouldn't affected anyone on the team tbh.
    JoeyJJ wrote: »
    Ludwig more or less said TJ is the only guy in there that trains like a champion not sure what will happen now. Ludwig has moved away not sure if TJ will split his time or get away from TAM altogether

He left TAM a good while ago, immediately after Dillishaw first won the title I think. TJ has continued to work with both, if it's not broken...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Barao via KO/TKO
    Man what a combo to finish the fight! Barao really should give 145 a go. I was thinking how crap that corner advice was "Win....just go wn" or something like that, glad Joe called it out.

• Advertisement

Barao via Submission
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Man what a combo to finish the fight! Barao really should give 145 a go. I was thinking how crap that corner advice was "Win....just go wn" or something like that, glad Joe called it out.

Was absolutely baffling alright. Wasn't Andre Pedeneiras retiring after Aldo's scheduled fight with McGregor. Last nights display between rounds had me questioning his desire to be honest. Absolutely no plan B from what I seen! Not that it would have mattered; TJ looked absolutely superb.

jjdonegal wrote: »
    Was absolutely baffling alright. Wasn't Andre Pedeneiras retiring after Aldo's scheduled fight with McGregor. Last nights display between rounds had me questioning his desire to be honest. Absolutely no plan B from what I seen! Not that it would have mattered; TJ looked absolutely superb.

Tbh, if you look at all of Aldo and Barao's previous fights (up to the first TJ fight), neither was ever really in trouble. Pedeneiras has never really had to do/say anything between rounds until TJ messed Barao up.

TJ hurt Barao from the get-go. He wasn't th same fighter that put Uriah away.

Barao via Submission
    Would Aldo being 145 not be a barrier for Barao looking to move to Fetherweight?

Barao via Submission
    Mellor wrote: »
    Tbh, if you look at all of Aldo and Barao's previous fights (up to the first TJ fight), neither was ever really in trouble. Pedeneiras has never really had to do/say anything between rounds until TJ messed Barao up.

TJ hurt Barao from the get-go. He wasn't th same fighter that put Uriah away.

Yeah good point in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barao via Decision
    Barao won't be moving up so long as Aldo is an active featherweight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Paully D wrote: »

I would have said that before dillashaw and McGregor showed up. Now, I'd say there's a possibility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Maybe Aldo moves up to 155

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I reckon Aldo is either retiring or moving up after he fights Conor. People talk about Conor's cut alot, but Aldo also has a pretty huge cut and he's been doing it for much longer then Conor. So could definitely see Barao moving up.

Also rumours of a Dillashaw vs Edgar fight, would mean Edgar moving down to 135. Could walk straight into a title fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That was incredible. Repeatedly telling Barao to "win", how is that helping?
    Similar to a corner screaming "get up" when their fighter is on the ground, usually being dominated.
    Might as well just bring a bottle and towel holder of their corner is going to shout inanities.

i remember years ago when Dampage was a coach on TUF, he was the worst coach i've ever seen on the show, countless times his guys were on the ground and all he could do was shout 'GET UP, GET UP', try proper coaching ya tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Barao via KO/TKO
    I remember BJ Penn being 3/4 rounds down against Edgar and his corner's advice was... well, it wasn't advice. They just constantly called Frankie a "little c**ksucker" while BJ just sat there looking like he wanted the ground to swallow him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Barao via Submission
    Whatever about the advice between rounds, the game-plan going in was....what exactly? He wasn't even trying to avoid getting hit in the face. I've never seen such a poor performance all round from someone at that level.

• Advertisement

Barao via KO/TKO
    I honestly dunno who i would want to see next against TJ, either Dom or Frankie. Both would be epic fights and probably the most interesting fights in the history of 135. Would definitely give that div a boost.

I honestly dunno who i would want to see next against TJ, either Dom or Frankie. Both would be epic fights and probably the most interesting fights in the history of 135. Would definitely give that div a boost.

Well isn't francie fighting on texts card against an as yet announced opponent, would like to see him against dillashaw

Also isn't Dom cruz out until new year at least, good timing for a title match me thinks unless they want to ease him back in slowly

Barao via KO/TKO
    Yeah would be an end of year fight with TJ, prob the same with Cruz as well anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Barao via Decision
    Watching some of the fights back again and did anyone here actually score the Nijem fight in Holbrook's favour? I see 15 out of 15 media guys scored it to Nijem and I felt it was robbery when watching it the two times I've seen it. Some of these judges decisions are just mind-boggling really.

Barao via KO/TKO
    Yeah Dom could do with a tune up but the chances of him getting inured either in training or in an fight would retire him id say. Mad to see get straight into a title fight.

Yeah Dom could do with a tune up but the chances of him getting inured either in training or in an fight would retire him id say. Mad to see get straight into a title fight.

If he's that bad tho I hope he does not come back at all

Watching some of the fights back again and did anyone here actually score the Nijem fight in Holbrook's favour? I see 15 out of 15 media guys scored it to Nijem and I felt it was robbery when watching it the two times I've seen it. Some of these judges decisions are just mind-boggling really.

The scoring was so bad I had to double check was Holbrook actually Pendred in disguise( joke joke)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Dillashaw via Submission
    Have to feel bad for Cruz. His style and TJ's styles are very similar with their perpetual footwork and beautiful angles. There could have been a really interesting couple of years there had he been fit and faced Barao and TJ. I'd love to see him appear regular again but he's had about 2 fights in the past 5 years.

I was posting on a grappling firum on Reddit about Joe Lauzon's performance. Comment on that ankle grab takedown. wondering if he drilled it, or did it on the fly.

Then Joe Lauzon himself comes online and replies. The man's a legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Dillashaw via Submission
    TJs hands are terrifying!

• Advertisement
Advertisement