Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Our Cat has 'Moved Out'

• 21-07-2015 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭

Our Cat is 14 years old, female. For all intents and purposes, the cat has been a house cat over the years and with limited issues.

Recently, she was ill for a while and lost a bit of weight, and throughout this time was quite angry. She'd snap at you and nip.

Now that she has regained the weight, she spends all her time outside. She meows at the door to come in and be fed, then straight away it's a meow to get out. When she's outside she just lies in the sun, or sits on the wall looking around. She sleeps in the corner of the garden at night and will not come in, gets very agitated with a view on getting back out if you bring her in. I let her back out and all she does is just goes back to what she was doing which is nothing exciting.

Very strange behaviour and I am just wondering given her age, how we'd address it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Is your house very warm? If she has thick fur, she might be just hot. My cat was sleeping up on a wardrobe where there was a bit of a draft for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I have a wife who is constantly cold, all year round! So the house is warm, though the cat always liked that. I don't know, I am putting it down to her age. My daughter likes the cat as a companion so is up at night wondering why she won't come in, daughter has learning difficulties and the cat provides a source of comfort, so it is affecting the whole family. Cat really gets distressed if you won't let her out. And when she is out, it's not like she is doing anything exciting, just sitting on walls or lying down.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Sounds like she may have negative associations with being indoors due to her sickness and being disturbed by you and your family. The best bet to counteract that is of course to help her change those feelings by ensuring it's now a great place to be. For example does she have access to the windows in the rooms so she can look out? Or a "don't touch" spots in the rooms? You can also encourage her to spend more time inside by feeding her in the rooms you want her and split her food up between multiple rooms, activation toys etc. to make them take longer to help with the positive vibes of the locations.

Advertisement