Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner Ukulele

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Faing

Lanikai LU21C, one of the best starter ukes

http://ukulelehunt.com/buy-ukulele/models/lanikai-lu-21c-ukulele/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Last year I purchased a ukulele. I found the transition quite easy as I also play guitar..
    Anyway I only spent about 25 euro on a mahalo ukulele. They are good to mess around with. You don't have to worry about them getting damaged because they aren't too expensive and you can play a large range of chords and fills on them. Just don't expect them to sound great when playing more complex chords was what I was told and after playing it for a while I must say it can play all the major, minor,7th, chords etc and it sounds fine. The neck is a bit thin though and they do feel a little bit cheap . However that's what I like about it , If you don't find yourself into it then you haven't spent too much money.

Saying that, I played my friends concert uke and I noticed straight away that it has a better sound , nicer feel and wider neck but cost more.
    A quick visit to a music shop and you will see what I mean.

Advertisement