Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repair xbox 360 cd drive

Options
  • 22-07-2015 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all, I wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone could help.

Basically I have a faulty cd drive ( I put a disk in, then it says "Open tray" on the system, no disc read error or anything, as if its not even noticing the disc).
    I was wondering if anyone would have any knowledge about where to find a replacement one? Looking online taught me I could either flash the disc (a lot of effort) or replace it with the exact same model. But the problem is I can't seem to find a model to replace it with.

Any help would be very helpful :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smliv

mate your laser is bust, check out syncron.ie for lasers. They're pretty cheap and in Ireland so get them very quick or if your in Dublin you can just go to there place its just beside Blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

Thanks for the advice man, I did a bit of googling and tried a few things but none of them worked.

In the end I had to spin the disc inside the disc tray myself around really fast (like cranking a car back in the day) and that seemed to have given the motor a kick start. Nothing wrong with it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

ive replaced the drive in my 360 twice, its easy enough but a bit of soldering involved

plenty of tutorials online

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭SimonFM

I didn't even have to spend any money on parts, just a motor that was stuck. Easy out

Advertisement