Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Wing Back

Just got my AAFRP result. Only managed a BC.....pretty disappointed with that to be honest as felt good coming out of the exam.

How did everyone else get on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

HC here. Delighted. The exam suited me at the time so was expecting to be happy today.

There's no actual difference between a C and HC in terms of marking though correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Garrigai

HC, delighted given the disastrous week in work leading up to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 ACA2015

A HC here as well- results across the board are excellent it has to be said. The timing of the exam pre Christmas and the extra 20 minutes really helped people clearly.

Wing Back wrote: »
    Just got my AAFRP result. Only managed a BC.....pretty disappointed with that to be honest as felt good coming out of the exam.

How did everyone else get on?

Not to worry, sure it's only one indicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Yoyo15

Hi - does anyone know if there is an elective tax lecture this weekend?

Why did the Institute combine the C and HC results for this sitting? Would love to know the split as previously done. Seems to be a lot of HCs out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

ACA2015 wrote: »
    Why did the Institute combine the C and HC results for this sitting? Would love to know the split as previously done. Seems to be a lot of HCs out there

There's absolutely no difference between them in terms of grading so there was no point in splitting them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Kevint30

Repeat student here. Could someone please put up a timetable for the tax elective for any of the locations. I'm just trying to figure out what sessions are relevant for the interim assessment? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 bamburys

Hi. Repeat student here in limerick. Can somebody put to the timetable for classes in limerick please? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Melon head

Does anyone have the timetable for the tax elective in Dublin?? Please! Please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 arsenal88

Would somebody mind loading the APM 2016 framework 2016 document onto this?

I'm a repeat student and requested this from CAI but they wouldn't send me it.

many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Hi all,

I am repeating the tax elective and have to but the textbooks myself. Is there much differnce between this years textbooks and last years?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kolbasin88

Hi guys,

repeat student here, and the only one doing ACA at work. I would like to set up a study group for preparation of 2016 exam. I know some are busy studying for elective CA and maybe AAFRP i may, but the idea is that we meet up every so often with cases done (eg steps) and compare and discuss solutions. We can also share notes. So if anyone is interested or horribly lost about FAE, you are not alone. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mccabe1987

HI Guys,

Repeat student looking for some help with getting access to this years notes and Mock exam Q's from 2015.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DonnaCap2

Hi there everyone,

Repeating FAE this year only to discover that we now have an elective assessment to do as well..Oh joy!! I have looked at the competency statement for this assessment but still feel that all areas of the syllabus needs to be covered in order to be prepared.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on what they are expecting as one Sample Paper is not much to go on... Panicking already!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Should Have Done Arts

Must agree with you. I'm repeating the tax elective and one mock paper isn't enough. Hopefuly CASSI are telling the board the same.

Anyone know what isn't examinable in this assessment?

Is RC/BC still the required standard to pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 broken man

Folks repeating FAE tax elective (NI).
    Could anyone fire me across the additional questions for week 2/3 and the case study solutions for week 4 + 5?
    And anything else relevant to study for assessment! It seems to cover loads! :(

Just PM me and I will send my email

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

bamburys wrote: »
    Hi. Repeat student here in limerick. Can somebody put to the timetable for classes in limerick please? Thanks

They are not running a repeat course in Limerick. Dublin only. Deadline well passed now though. Have you thought of Chartered Grind School?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

DonnaCap2 wrote: »
    Hi there everyone,

Repeating FAE this year only to discover that we now have an elective assessment to do as well..Oh joy!! I have looked at the competency statement for this assessment but still feel that all areas of the syllabus needs to be covered in order to be prepared.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on what they are expecting as one Sample Paper is not much to go on... Panicking already!

Which elective?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭yourhero

If anyone wants my notes from last year (somehow passed with 4 weeks leave) let me know. I'm swords based and the recycling bin comes on Wednesday...

My only advice, get in touch with Grainne from CASSI...her advice was invaluable.

yourhero wrote: »
    If anyone wants my notes from last year (somehow passed with 4 weeks leave) let me know. I'm swords based and the recycling bin comes on Wednesday...

My only advice, get in touch with Grainne from CASSI...her advice was invaluable.

Very kind of you. Are you in industry? I would love the notes! My Cap2s were completed in 2011/2013 (break due to famuly commitments) and I am at a disadvantage as such.
    Any other advice? i assume you didn't cram it all in , in two weeks

collegeme wrote: »
    Which elective?

Sorry, should have said, doing tax elective :)

Hi all,

I am repeating the tax elective and have to but the textbooks myself. Is there much differnce between this years textbooks and last years?

Hi there, I'm repeating tax as well, don't know of any changes but was considering going to the course at chartered grind school which may highlight areas i haven't covered. Will let you know if i find any changes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

yourhero wrote: »

Maybe you could pass on Grainne's advice here, or sum it up at least?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Does anyone know if VAT on property is examinable in FAE tax elective?

From 3.1 of competency statement it doesn't appear to be. Need someone to confirm it.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭moleary20

Does anyone know if VAT on property is examinable in FAE tax elective?

From 3.1 of competency statement it doesn't appear to be. Need someone to confirm it.

It's not. VAT on property is Session 7-8. Only up to Session 6 is examinable.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Melon head

Has anyone got an email about the elective exam yet. Normally you get an email stating your exam hall, number etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mmcshane

Melon head wrote: »
    Has anyone got an email about the elective exam yet. Normally you get an email stating your exam hall, number etc??

There was an email sent out to our institute email at the start of April. I don't think we get an exam number for assessments, just use our student number.

Email time & exam halls-
    The FAE Elective Interim assessment is due to take place on Saturday 23rd April from 10am to 11.30am in the following locations.

Athlone - Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath
    Belfast - Belfast Bowls Club, 115 Milltown Road, Shaws Bridge, Belfast BT8 7XP
    Cork - Bishopstown GAA Club, Bishopstown, Cork
    Dublin - RDS, Simmonscourt, Simmonscourt Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
    Galway - Galway Racecourse, Ballybrit, Galway
    Limerick - Thomond Park, Limerick
    Waterford - Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

mmcshane wrote: »
    There was an email sent out to our institute email at the start of April. I don't think we get an exam number for assessments, just use our student number.

Email time & exam halls-
    The FAE Elective Interim assessment is due to take place on Saturday 23rd April from 10am to 11.30am in the following locations.

Athlone - Athlone Institute of Technology, Dublin Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath
    Belfast - Belfast Bowls Club, 115 Milltown Road, Shaws Bridge, Belfast BT8 7XP
    Cork - Bishopstown GAA Club, Bishopstown, Cork
    Dublin - RDS, Simmonscourt, Simmonscourt Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
    Galway - Galway Racecourse, Ballybrit, Galway
    Limerick - Thomond Park, Limerick
    Waterford - Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford

Cant stand the sight of the RDS anymore!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 connect1988

i was under the impression that VAT on property was examinable as the 2015 Elective Paper, SIM 2 Indicator 3, is purely on VAT on property and is on the list for the practice cases for the elective assessment? maybe this is just NI tax tho?

Is vat on property the only thing covered in session 7 and 8 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Where did you see list of suggested questions to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 connect1988

There is a list under the notes section of the tax elective called "List of practice cases for Elective Tax NI assessment"

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Can someone post these practice cases up here please?

Anyone notice that R&D isn't examable on the Tax assessment. Its not ticked on the comp statement

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rusty91

Hey Everyone,

Sat the APM interim yesterday. Can anyone shed some light on what the difference was between indicator 2 and 3? They seem to overlap no matter how many times I read them.

It's driving me insance so any ideas would be appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭One More Toy

God forgive me but there is a special place in hell for people who do postmortems on exams

• Registered Users Posts: 1 amo2014

Do we know what date the result of the elective interim assessment will be available in the student portal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Rusty91 wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Sat the APM interim yesterday. Can anyone shed some light on what the difference was between indicator 2 and 3? They seem to overlap no matter how many times I read them.

It's driving me insance so any ideas would be appreciated!!

I thought the exact same thing. For indicator 2 though I went with why you would pick Spain over USA, so said 80% of the market is there, we already have a presence in Spain etc. But ya serious overlap, just took a while to think.

Did people do 2 NPVs or just do one and a sensitivity analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deeks33

Hi, anyone know if the question and solutions are available yet for the assessments?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Muzi5434

Hi all,

I did the FAEs in 2013 and here's the link to all my notes if anyone needs them!

https://app.box.com/s/sucvri8pnra1u8nv4ayu

Any questions, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 passwo

Anyone on here just sitting the APM exam? Is there a separate thread for the elective?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kylio7

Anybody any idea where I could find last years mock paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TAA_ICAI

Would anyone be able to upload or PM the Tax Elective exam and mock papers updated to the FA 2014? Thanks in advance :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭BMW22

Hi guys

Do any of ye know if there was updated notes for IFRS 9 posted to the student portal?

I cant seem to see updated ones and a lecturer told us that there should be. All FR notes seem to have been uploaded in/around same time - Sept/Oct 2015? (apart from session 9 which I see was updated)

Any thoughts on this would be of help

Thanks!

How is everyone feeling?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

collegeme wrote: »
    How is everyone feeling?

Little bit anxious now that study leave has started and the thoughts of the work to be put in has hit. But sure, lot of time to get things sorted so once the study routine kicks in, hopefully will be ok!

This sunny weather is a bit of a killer though!:cool:

Obrieski wrote: »
    Little bit anxious now that study leave has started and the thoughts of the work to be put in has hit. But sure, lot of time to get things sorted so once the study routine kicks in, hopefully will be ok!

This sunny weather is a bit of a killer though!:cool:

Wish I had started study leave. I'm in industry and getting fe*k all.

Can anyone please tell me what PM told us was on the mocks? I missed the first hour of the lecture as I missed the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 maddy1026

Sorry mate ..not sitting APM.

Anyone got the latest FAE cheat sheet yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement