Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE 2016

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GusFring

Overall pass rate of 80%. Passed them both, roll on the weekend and the €50k tab in the bar tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Xlami

GusFring wrote: »
    Overall pass rate of 80%. Passed them both, roll on the weekend and the €50k tab in the bar tonight!

Congrats buddy; just wondeing where the pass rate is available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Xlami wrote: »
    Congrats buddy; just wondeing where the pass rate is available?

Forget the pass rate, where's the tab?

Seriously though, firms generally send out an email in the morning with the breakdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GusFring

One of the firms sent a mail earlier.

Pass - 1341 people (80%)
    Credit - 236 people (14%)
    Fail - 101 people (6%)

Three sat the exams in my apartment, all three passed one came 4th.

PwC overall pass rate - 91%
    EY overall pass rate - 87%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

I think the interim elective and extra AAFRP time made a big difference to the pass rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

Pass rate is outrageous this year, 94% Core:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Horse Box 20

Hi

I got an overall pass, but when i open the spreadsheet I have a yellow for Financial Reporting, I thought you needed a green for that subject

Well done to all by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 22 trooperdx3117

Hi

I got an overall pass, but when i open the spreadsheet I have a yellow for Financial Reporting, I thought you needed a green for that subject

Well done to all by the way

Hey your grand according to the Marking rules a yellow means that you met or marginally exceeded requirements. Green is if you more that met minimum requirement.
    If you got Yellow in FR that means you met the requirements for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Horse Box 20

Ah thanks for your response, was manic there

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 22 trooperdx3117

Ah thanks for your response, was manic there

Thanks again

No bother the marking scheme is some serious Harry Potter nonsense like ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭ShortKickOut

Hi Lads

Congrats to anyone that passed their exams fair play. I manage to fail the tax elective again!! I didnt feel the need last time to get the new tax book and I used the one from 2014-2015. If anyone that passed has the core and elective tax textbooks for 2015 - 2016 could you please private message me and I would gratefully buy these form you.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭BMW22

As if repeating wasn't bad enough will have to travel to Dublin for exam :(

Anyone think the revision course is worth going too? Repeating the tax elective

• Registered Users Posts: 40 CAstudent

For anyone repeating or taking the exams in 2017 I have all of the CGS notes/books for sale. Classes with them typically are around the 150 mark. Have all the core subjects including AAFRP and APM elective materials - please pm for details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭billcullen1

CAstudent wrote: »
    For anyone repeating or taking the exams in 2017 I have all of the CGS notes/books for sale. Classes with them typically are around the 150 mark. Have all the core subjects including AAFRP and APM elective materials - please pm for details.

CAN I BUY THEM

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

CAstudent wrote: »

Sent you a PM earlier today.
    Cheers :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

Selling my CGS books also for those of you interested. PM for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Wing Back

More than happy to sell my CGS material also from the revision classes in the Summer.

Have the materials, question banks with solutions for the following:

Core
    - Financial Reporting
    - Finance and Management
    - Tax
    - Business Leadership

Elective
    - Advanced Audit

All in really perfect condition. Pretty useful for anyone looking to repeat

PM me if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Are people really trying to make a quick buck ? Are the days when we used to give our folders / materials away or even burn them really gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sbl

Hi,

Would anyone have a copy of the Chartered Grinds Core tax book they no longer need?
    Need all the help I can get!

Thanks,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Mccers16

I have the following CGS books for sale for anyone sitting exams first time/repeating

-business leadership
    -financial accounting
    -finance and management accounting

Pm for details

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Whats the main difference between the FAE books provided by CAI and those provided by CGS? Are they summarised? Easier to understand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Hello students,

I took early retirement from industry ten years ago at age 56. I was a chartered accountant, qualified in 1974. Back then you could do either a degree plus three years practice and final two exams, or five exams over five years. I did the five exams in five years.

I've read a bit of the thread and it is full of abbreviations. Can someone spell out the abbreviations for me, and tell me what is the route to chartered and other bodies now.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭m1ck007

Degree - cap 2 - fae - chartered
    Masters - fae - chartered
    Accounting technician - cap 1 - cap 2 - fae - chartered
    All with relevant work experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tonto 81

Does anyone have a copy of the May 2016 AAFRP paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Just a bit of trivia.
    Around 1970 my boss showed me his finals examination papers ~1950.
    From memory they had about eight exam papers in a short timeframe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

diomed wrote: »
    Just a bit of trivia.
    Around 1970 my boss showed me his finals examination papers ~1950.
    From memory they had about eight exam papers in a short timeframe.

That's what the FAE exams are. You have the following subjects examined in two sittings:

Business Leadership
    Audit & Assurance
    Finance
    Financial Reporting
    Management Accounting
    Taxation

The first exam is called FAE Core and the second is called FAE Simulations
    And then you have the exam for whichever elective you have chosen.
    Those 3 exams are done in three consecutive days.

I count 7 exams. So we are back to the 50s :o

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lydia123

Did anyone hear anything since submitting membership applications on Friday?
    They took payment off my card straight away on Friday afternoon but I don't want to jinx it by asking them if mine was ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 It Balanced!

lydia123 wrote: »
    Did anyone hear anything since submitting membership applications on Friday?
    They took payment off my card straight away on Friday afternoon but I don't want to jinx it by asking them if mine was ok!

I applied on the 25th Nov and the money came out of my account last week. No confirmation email or anything yet though.

Hope my CA Diary is OK!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭superb choice of username

Your applications will be presented to the membership committee on 13th Dec when they will decide. You will get confirmation email up to 5 days later if no problems (http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/en/Site/Services/Your-Institute/Admissions-to-Membership/)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭HelloYoungBoy

Sitting the January repeat for Audit. How are others on here approaching the study leave as I have no idea how to approach. I didn't have to repeat the interim so I have not looked at a thing yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 anthonygoodman

Has anyone got a fae APM elective lecture timetable for Belfast for 2017. If so could you please send to me. Much appreciated

Has anyone got a fae APM elective lecture timetable for Belfast for 2017. If so could you please send to me. Much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sureacacap2

Does anyone know what lectures will be covered in the audit elective interim assessment?

Has anyone got a FAE APM elective lecture timetable. If so could you please send to me. Much appreciated

Advertisement