Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre in Kinnegad, Co. Westmeath

Options
  • 22-07-2015 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Could you tell me please when Kinnegad will be getting fibre?

As far as i can tell, the cable runs through the town, and has a significant population, so just wondering if we are in any plans for rollout?

Even a guestimation would do; 6months, 12, 18, 24, never...

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards,

CC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Hi,

Could you tell me please when Kinnegad will be getting fibre?

As far as i can tell, the cable runs through the town, and has a significant population, so just wondering if we are in any plans for rollout?

Even a guestimation would do; 6months, 12, 18, 24, never...

Thanks for any feedback.

Regards,

CC.
    Hi Cruelcon

I'm happy to confirm that eFibre is initially launching for some customers on the 29th of July.

This will be available to Lines currently connected to the cabinet number KGD1_E01 - however not all lines as there are still some reasons why a line still will not be able to avail of eFibre eg, at a distance further than 2Km from the cabinet.

There are then 3 more cabinets due to launch within the next 4 to 6 months. You can view the status and location of the cabinets here:

http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Hi,

This rollout never happened.

According to the map on that site you provided, Kinnegad was due to receive Fibre on the 29th of July.

However, It seems as though the flag pin has been removed, and there is no longer any information.

Can you clarify when Fibre will be rolled out to Kinnegad Co.Westmeath.

Also please let me know how long after that it will become available for actual purchase via Eircom.

CC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Update: The Eircom online line checker reported that Fibre will be available sometime between Sept-Dec 2015.

Is this accurate?

How did it slide from End july to potentially Dec?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi CruelCoin

Some areas of Kinnegad have already launched this month - more specifically lines served by cabinet number KGD1_E01 who's location can be found here http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ (click on NGA fibre broadband network mao)

Apologies for any inconvenience created by the delays in eFibre launch in your area.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement