Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question about "D" Coach Theory Test

Options
  • 22-07-2015 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,
    Was just wondering if anyone has done the bus/coach theory test for D licence recently.
    I'll be doing mine in about 2 weeks time and was wondering if there is anything I should look out for. I've purchased the Bus/Coach Driver Theory Test book and should be receiving the Official DSA Guide to Driving Buses and Coaches. Is there more info I need for the test, or is this enough?
    Any extra info or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Have you considered doing the Bus and Truck Theory test?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 mtlullaby

No, I haven't. I'm not interested in taking the Truck test at the moment, but I may in the future. For now, I just want to concentrate on the bus license. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

mtlullaby wrote: »
    No, I haven't. I'm not interested in taking the Truck test at the moment, but I may in the future. For now, I just want to concentrate on the bus license. Thanks.

Well if you go the extra mile now [and go on to gain D full entitlements] then you won't have to repeat the C theory test in the future. In other words, the theory test won't expire after 2 years as long as you maintain your full entitlements. It's just a thought.

Thanks, Wasn't planning on doing it so soon, but I'll look into that. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Hi,I sat the Theory D test a few weeks ago,The Cd rom is Great for practicing your questions.
    You can do the official Test on the cd rom & you will see the same questions popping up again & again.
    I didn't use the book at all,just the cd.

• Advertisement

mondeoman2 wrote: »
    Hi,I sat the Theory D test a few weeks ago,The Cd rom is Great for practicing your questions.
    You can do the official Test on the cd rom & you will see the same questions popping up again & again.
    I didn't use the book at all,just the cd.

Thanks for that, mondeoman2! I've already gone through most of the theory book but have managed to find a CD Rom version online. I'll get started on that right away.
    By the way, are the test questions on the CD the same as the actual test itself?
    Thanks again!

Thanks for that, mondeoman2! I've already gone through most of the theory book but have managed to find a CD Rom version online. I'll get started on that right away.
    By the way, are the test questions on the CD the same as the actual test itself?
    Thanks again!

Hi, Yes they are,there is a section on the cd which you can practice the offical theory test.
    That was a great help i found.

Hi, Yes they are,there is a section on the cd which you can practice the offical theory test.
    That was a great help i found.

Thanks a lot! I'll get cracking on it tonight!
    Test is next Tuesday.

Thanks a lot! I'll get cracking on it tonight!
    Test is next Tuesday.

Best of luck on tuesday!,
    Is the disc you have edition 6 oct 2013,that is the latest version.

Best of luck on tuesday!,
    Is the disc you have edition 6 oct 2013,that is the latest version.

Thanks! Will let you know. :-)
    And yes it is up to date (6th Ed. Oct 2013) - Tried it out this evening. Works like a charm.
    Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭mervifwdc

I just did the combined truck and bus theory test today. It's 140 questions which is a lot, but it also means you can get more wrong and still pass....

I used the CD, and did the full practice test at least 6 or 7 times. Its exactly like the test. Well worth using the CD.

Merv.

mervifwdc wrote: »
    I just did the combined truck and bus theory test today. It's 140 questions which is a lot, but it also means you can get more wrong and still pass....

I used the CD, and did the full practice test at least 6 or 7 times. Its exactly like the test. Well worth using the CD.

Merv.

Thanks for that bit of info!
    I've been working on the CD for a couple of days now and it seems a lot more practical.
    Although the book is also very useful - I bought it so may as well use it. :-)

Thanks for that bit of info!
    I've been working on the CD for a couple of days now and it seems a lot more practical.
    Although the book is also very useful - I bought it so may as well use it. :-)

The CPC case studies is just like another Theory test,The same questions pop up on that also.
    So The Cd is great for that aswell I found.;)

The CPC case studies is just like another Theory test,The same questions pop up on that also.
    So The Cd is great for that aswell I found.;)

Excellent! Thanks for all the extra info, guys.
    Feeling even more at ease now.

So I passed the theory test with flying colours thanks to the help from you guys!
    I've just booked the CPC test for the 24th (didn't realize I could do both the same day). Anyone do this one yet? As far as I know, they give you 3 case studies and answers must be done using multiple choice or using photos. I've seen this in the Official DVSA Guide to Driving Buses and Coaches.
    Although this is a UK-based book, is it the same in Ireland? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

So I passed the theory test with flying colours thanks to the help from you guys!
    I've just booked the CPC test for the 24th (didn't realize I could do both the same day). Anyone do this one yet? As far as I know, they give you 3 case studies and answers must be done using multiple choice or using photos. I've seen this in the Official DVSA Guide to Driving Buses and Coaches.
    Although this is a UK-based book, is it the same in Ireland? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Congrats on passing.

I Did the Cpc on the 4th July in Wexford,You get 3 case studies then 15 questions on each,the case studies will be on the LH side of the screen & the Questions Will be on The RH side,
    You can scroll back over Each case study,Some of the answers will be in the study & some from the Theory Test that you've Just passed;)

Congrats on passing.

I Did the Cpc on the 4th July in Wexford,You get 3 case studies then 15 questions on each,the case studies will be on the LH side of the screen & the Questions Will be on The RH side,
    You can scroll back over Each case study,Some of the answers will be in the study & some from the Theory Test that you've Just passed;)

Thanks mondeoman! Really appreciate it. Have been looking around and noticed that most people were saying that the answers are more or less logical. Thanks again for the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Osgood

Has anyone got the CD and are willing to sell it?

Osgood wrote: »
    Has anyone got the CD and are willing to sell it?

Easons sell the CD. Well worth getting it! :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement