Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Come and blow off some steam... have a good rant

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Oh I totally get it, believe me LCD :) !!!!

I guess sometimes when I am really low, and I have been there a lot lately, I get a boost when someone on here (who is going through the same sh!t as me and hearing the same cr@p) says it will be okay I get a lift from their hope....

But it totally sucks... all of it... I am sick of people looking at my who-ha!!! I am sick of not having s€x when I want to. I am sick of all the money I have spent and have NO results, I am sick of all my family and friends getting pregnant at the drop of a hat.

But you are right... this is a place to blow of steam. Sorry if I came across patronizing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

LCD wrote:
    I am not having a go at you Stickybean, because everyone here knows what its like. However this is the sh!t people say that makes me want to punch them "some day it will all be arlight".

I'm so sorry you're having a tough time of it LCD. We all get it - it is crap.
    But what are people meant to say? There's NOTHING anyone can say to make us feel better when things are hard. But a bit of positivity can't hurt right? What's the alternative?? Convincing yourself that it's just not going to happen.

For me - it doesn't matter what people say. If I'm in one of those moods I'll want to punch someone no matter what they say. Then the next day I just hope I'll feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

dreamstar wrote: »

For me - it doesn't matter what people say. If I'm in one of those moods I'll want to punch someone no matter what they say. Then the next day I just hope I'll feel better.

I feel exactly like this!

My sister in law (who I am mad about) keeps prefacing anything she says about my pregnancy with "well hopefully it will work this time" or words to that effect and it makes me want to scream at her "Can you not have some faith"

My mother (who I am also mad about!) keeps prefacing anything she says about my pregnancy with "I know it will all be fine this time" or words to that effect and it makes me want to scream at her "You can't know it will be fine. It wasn't the last time was it..."

I bite my tongue because it appears that no one can say anything right !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭LCD

I just like when people acknowledge that it is a sh!t situation & understand that. It took me a while to get this across to my mum, but she & dad have been great. Mother-in-law, well that's a different story.

If anyone ever gives me that great Irish saying "it could be worse" I think I will break down & cry while beating them!!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

LCD wrote: »
    I just like when people acknowledge that it is a sh!t situation & understand that.

That's it for me really. I know more about fertility procedures, tests, gynae exams, medications and statistics than I ever expected or wanted to. When someone asks me how its going, I don't need them to think up things that need testing. I don't need them to proclaim certainty of future outcomes.

"Yes, I have had my thyroid checked thank you. No, IVF is not the solution in my case right now. Yes, that includes the Polish clinics too. No, donor sperm or eggs is also a non runner in my case. Indeed it is interesting about Mary's daughters cousins friend who tried for years then just relaxed, and bingo! I can just adopt? Well, why on earth didn't you say so? I should have done that years ago with all the babies lying around unwanted in our overcrowded Irish orphanages"

After a few years of this, its gets tiresome and repetitive. Sometimes all you need is someone who goes "It's sh!t and you don't deserve this to happen to you. More wine?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

Have been reading a lot of the threads in this forum for a few months and gonna make a conscious effort to post more instead of lurking in the background! ;) only last week in work I got the "you really need to hurry up and give your son a sibling, he is 2 now" comment. Urgh. Number one - none of your business, number 2- feck off! Sometimes I think what would they say if I answered "well actually we are coming up to a year trying, perhaps you could offer me some advice?" and watch them squirm. *sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Our final IUI attempt has given us another negative. I came on to rant but I just don't have it in me anymore. Best of luck to you all in your future planning and trying x

RiseToMe wrote:
    Our final IUI attempt has given us another negative. I came on to rant but I just don't have it in me anymore. Best of luck to you all in your future planning and trying x

I'm so so sorry! Such a tough time to go through. Take care of yourself. Xxx

Neyite wrote:
    Indeed it is interesting about Mary's daughters cousins friend who tried for years then just relaxed, and bingo!

I know it's not funny but this made me giggle. This HAS to be the one that comes up most often! " Gosh I never thought of that - just relax eh?" If only people knew how hard it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Bundaberg

RiseToMe wrote: »

So sorry, wishing you all the best in your future path. X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

I'm so sorry Risetome. I hope the future holds great happiness for you in whatever form that takes. X

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ali_d

Had a cycle of IUI cancelled today as I've a stupid cyst on my ovary. I was so positive about starting this now and felt so ready. Doesn't help that the nurse in the clinic was quite cold about it. Like it was no big deal. It is to me. Life is so unfair. 3 years trying now. Infertility sucks.
    Just makes me so sad as I know hubby and I would be great parents. I long for the day I get to tell him I'm pregnant.

But 'whats meant for you won't pass you by' or some other crap sayings that people say when all you want to hear is, I'm so sorry for you - would you like some alcohol??!!!!

Advertisement