Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm door contacts

Options
  • 22-07-2015 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

hi i have a HKC 1070 panel. i am wiring a maxhunt door contact. the con tact has five, terminals three brass two silver. i have ran a four core cable to it. i was wondering if someone could provide dealing of how to connect this up. is it only a tamper connection. also how is it programmed on the keypad.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Moved to Home Security Systems, you should get more answers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

elheffe wrote: »
    hi i have a HKC 1070 panel. i am wiring a maxhunt door contact. the con tact has five, terminals three brass two silver. i have ran a four core cable to it. i was wondering if someone could provide dealing of how to connect this up. is it only a tamper connection. also how is it programmed on the keypad.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

The contact is wired in series on a circuit.

The two silver would be the alarm, the other three are terminals blocks for joining additional contacts or closing of the tamper loop.

Is this for a front door or another zone?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elheffe

hi altor. its a back door which is rarely used. the silver are the reed switch. would that be correct.

hi altor. its a back door which is rarely used. the silver are the reed switch. would that be correct.

Yes that is correct.
    Are you just replacing like with like?

unfortunately i am not replacing existing. i installed the alarm, which is working perfect. just connecting up the door contact now.. used 4k ohms in the PIR's. do i have to use same on the door contact. thanks for your help on this.

• Advertisement

unfortunately i am not replacing existing. i installed the alarm, which is working perfect. just connecting up the door contact now.. used 4k ohms in the PIR's. do i have to use same on the door contact. thanks for your help on this.

On a rear door you should really be using an inertia/contact.
    The resistors used are 4K7.

Here is some old diagrams I did for using duel end of line.
    Remember you need to set up the zone hardware for duel end of line, 4k7.

thanks Altor, will let you know how things go. thanks again for the assistance.

thanks Altor, will let you know how things go. thanks again for the assistance.

No Problem, hope the diagrams help.

Advertisement